73 X-Cab 620

shadrach

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhm, unless datsun made a prototype, i do not believe there is such a beast, king kabs were made starting in 76, unless some one switched vin plates??? just my 2 pennies, and welcome to our group, u might want to ck that production date and the serial numbers..:)

uhm, unless datsun made a prototype, i do not believe there is such a beast, king kabs were made starting in 76, unless some one switched vin plates??? just my 2 pennies, and welcome to our group, u might want to ck that production date and the serial numbers..:)

By no stretch of the imagination could a '73 620 be a King Cab. A '73 or any 620 up until Aug. '74 were all PL 620s. The P means an L16 or L18 motor. From Sept. '74 to Jan. '76 they were all HL620s, H meaning they came with L20B motors. The earliest you could have the Delux or King Cab option was from Feb. '76 and it was designated a KHL 620.

As long as you keep this truck and have no accidents where the serial number comes into question by insurance agents or law enforcement, you may be alright. If the frame serial number is checked there will be problems as it can't match the '73 ownership. The frame will have to say HL 620 or KHL 620. The '73 will say PL620. You have no way of knowing if this frame is from a scrapped, wrecked or stolen truck.

Edited by datzenmike

man that sucks... yeah he had it listed on craigslist as a 73 i will have to look into that... Pics will be comming soon just that my camera will not charge so thats why its just an out the window shot right now... Thanks to everyone for the info... and the body isnt too bad some rusted out spots but nothing that can't be fixed... and will post more info when I work on it again... only problem so far was the hood flew up and is now toast... but other than that she runs great and hauls great she was def. worth every penny I spent

that red looks good on those trucks, in my project thread you can see mine

It was super clean when i got it. Guess it has some blow by now :

my truck was originall red, then this shitty green color over the top of that. i sanded it down with a dual action sander then shot it with gray primer then black. I got a bunch more to do tho

Think i might just wait to do all this until i get a cheap paint gun from harbor freight and some body filler

These dont look bad if you use a paint gun with black primer, some reason the spray cans are just shit. Couple coats of black primer and a paint gun, then a shot or two of clear coat and itll be good to go

looks like a farely clean slate to start with, i did notice a spare gas tank neck on drivers side, is it actually functional ? r u planning on going back to red ? get an air cleaner on there soon, don't want to drive too long with a stocking, althou they r cheaper..:lol: nice score have a ball with it, they r great to work on and fix up, u will also like the attention u will get with it, people always ask about mine when i'm out and about..:D tom

and the spare gas tank is not hooked up its just still got the spout for it...dont know what color its going to be quite yet... and its not stockings on there its 6 or so pieces of screen that i sandwiched together and burnt of the plastic coating to use right now its better than when it was just open... having a hard time finding something that will clear the hood and mount up... i will send you a message bagged. and thanks phlebmaster for the pic help...

does it have disc brakes up front. probly so

I think ur right Phelb, antenna is on right side but

maybe the PO switched that also. :lol:

last year a ratsun member bought a 79 KC but the door tags said 73, he didn't bother checking until he had me come look at it, I mention wrong year for a KC, well that pissed him off and PO would not help him correct the mistake.

now it sits at my place and will be corrected later this year. :cool:

Edited by 420n620