Sportmax oo2 copied...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion but I think calling the 002's copies is wrong. Why are they? 8 rounded spokes and them being wheels are the only things they share in common. Could list MANY wheels that fit that criteria.

The 002's are fake 2 piece, chrome on color style(only), totally dif size and shape spokes, center section is completely dif. Inspired by maybe, but copied? No.

The Konig rewinds on the other hand are blatant copies, as are the Rota rb's. Single piece and color cast in the almost identical shape, 8 spoke with the same center.

True copies are good on one hand it allows people to afford the style but on the other hand it allows that style to be played out. The watanabe/rota/konig on datsun style is way passed tired. Another reason I can appreciate the 002's being different in the many ways they are.

Edited by 72240z

I agree that they don't look similar enough to be copies, the Konigs I posted are much closer.

As for the "watanabe" thing being played out, I agree in a sense. Tons of Datsun's out there with them, but it's because they look great. They are the new "classic" wheel for Datsun's. Used to be the AR Libres years ago, and back then that's what everyone wanted. Wait a few more years and there will be something different.

Used to be the AR Libres years ago, and back then that's what everyone wanted. Wait a few more years and there will be something different.

I agree, just wish that something different would make its move already lol.

simply for the fact that they came in 8in wide and I could afford them.
Ya which really is a narrow selection with 4x114.3 no doubt about that. I got my 8.5/9.5 AR mesh for the same reason.
Just my opinion but I think calling the 002's copies is wrong. Why are they? 8 rounded spokes and them being wheels are the only things they share in common. Could list MANY wheels that fit that criteria.

The 002's are fake 2 piece, chrome on color style(only), totally dif size and shape spokes, center section is completely dif. Inspired by maybe, but copied? No.

The Konig rewinds on the other hand are blatant copies, as are the Rota rb's. Single piece and color cast in the almost identical shape, 8 spoke with the same center.

True copies are good on one hand it allows people to afford the style but on the other hand it allows that style to be played out. The watanabe/rota/konig on datsun style is way passed tired. Another reason I can appreciate the 002's being different in the many ways they are.

Not copies? :confused:

sportmax 002

mainimg_002a_15sl.jpg

watanabe GR-8

imglarge_20080801173032_1.jpg

Looks pretty blatant to me...

Edited by zuum510

Ahhhhhhh I was on a totally dif page. I read watanabe didn't see gr8s anywhere, scrolled down and saw the Konigs and assumed we were talking about the rs8s. The 002s and grs actually look so much alike that's what I thought the pic was 1st lol. My fault for not being more in depth.

They are flat out rip offs cept for the extra lug pattern which I agree with matt makes them and imo all wheels look that much cheaper.