SU Questions

Jester

So, I picked up a set of SU's from 69FJWagon. This is my first set and I'm looking for info.

First off would anyone like to recomend a GOOD magazine/book for these carbs. I would hate to buy 2 or 3 of them before I start getting some good reading.

Second, What are the secondary fittings in the float bowls. I know the ones with a slight "dog leg" bend are the incoming fuel. What are the others? Vents, returns?

Where can I get Choke/throttle cables for these things?

Thanks everyone.

Jes

Edited by Jester
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go to Ztherapy.com and order the video "Just SU's"

Its long, and kinda boring. but its all the info youll need for SU's

second nipple things on the top of the float is the overflow and Iv got a set of choke cables if you need some

I just found the thread that was started for SU tuning. Oops. I'm going to make a trip to Salem tomorrow and check out Z Therapy if their open.

I've got a set of choke cables if you need some
Oh hell ya!!! I'll PM ya my number.

Thanks again.

I just found the thread that was started for SU tuning. Oops. I'm going to make a trip to Salem tomorrow and check out Z Therapy if their open.

Oh hell ya!!! I'll PM ya my number.

Thanks again.

Im about 30min north of Salem, what time you headed up?

Its long, and kinda boring. but its all the info youll need for SU's

I second (and third) what Skib says about "Just SUs". It's about three hours long - maybe longer. Seems longer. I had to watch it in several sessions, cause does it get boring at times, but you will learn a whole bunch of stuff I doubt any book has. With that DVD and a couple of the online SU sites, you probably don't need a book.

Len

What a day! Went to Z Therapy today. NICE GUYS OVER THERE!!!! Ran into two guys with KC trucks too. One running 42mm SU's the other still had a down draft. Took my carbs with me and Steve says they should work just fine. Made a couple small adjustments to the linkages for me. Got to take a small tour of the shop. HOLY SHIT HE HAS A LOT OF EYE CANDY!!! Reminded me of my garage, not clean, but, he knows where EVERYTHING is at.:D

Anyway, I did get the DVD version and watched the whole thing tonight! 4 hours worth.:blink: WORTH EVERY PENNY. Highly recommend it to anyone with their first set of SU's.

Skib, wish you would have called. We could have went out for a beer afterward or something.

Pac Coast, Thank for the link. Lots of good stuf to have and not have to search throught the video to find it.

Thanks for the help guys.

What a day! Went to Z Therapy today. NICE GUYS OVER THERE!!!! Ran into two guys with KC trucks too. One running 42mm SU's the other still had a down draft. Took my carbs with me and Steve says they should work just fine. Made a couple small adjustments to the linkages for me. Got to take a small tour of the shop. HOLY SHIT HE HAS A LOT OF EYE CANDY!!! Reminded me of my garage, not clean, but, he knows where EVERYTHING is at.:D

Anyway, I did get the DVD version and watched the whole thing tonight! 4 hours worth.:blink: WORTH EVERY PENNY. Highly recommend it to anyone with their first set of SU's.

Skib, wish you would have called. We could have went out for a beer afterward or something.

Pac Coast, Thank for the link. Lots of good stuf to have and not have to search throught the video to find it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Sorry man :( I wasnt up till about 1ish

Im always goin down to S.OR and NorCal, I might just have to take you up on that beer next time Im headed threw town :cool:

Steves a good guy, and deff knows his stuff