Question Does anybody have a pic of there rear end

72 327

I have done a search and it comes up with alot of rear end talk. But no pics. If somebody could post a pic of a stock 620 rear end I would be happy. No butt pics either datsun rear end only please. lol

Thanks in advance

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks different than a datto rear to me. The welds for the tubes are different. Almost looks like a yota housing...

Can you get a shot from the front? You'll be able to tell much easier by the 3rd member. It will have bolts holding the pinion bearing housing on, datto's are held in with the yoke.

Pic of a Ford 9

9inch-Ford-axle-assm.gif

Pretty sure the yellow marks are j/y marks. After 40 years I'm sure some parts got swapped around on my truck.

I'm 99% sure you got a toyota axle back there.

Just got home and looked at the one taking up space in my garage. The weld pattern looks the same as yours. It's a front though and the 4x4 rears look different (stronger), from what I could find. Could be from 2wd truck or possibly a car.

What's the bolt pattern? Toyota 2wd trucks are 5 X 4.5 stock.

Pic of a front, not mine...and it's upside down

Clearance03.jpg

hmm, wonder if they might have yellow grease penned shit at the factory.

Not a Ford, the axle tube looks to be welded and the cover on a ford is round with no indents.

That looks like a chevy luv 70'ty something to me, alot of chevy and dodge's have that large left hand hump,Fords are smooth.

If that's from a Toy then it's from something like a land cruiser. The rear from a 4X4 truck looks like this with the axle tubes more tapered into the 'bum'.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/nondatsun/toyotarear002Large.jpg[/img]"]toyotarear002Large.jpg

ry%3D480

Here's my Path rear, not a match...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/720%20stuff/Pathfinder--D-21conversion045Large.jpg[/img]"]Pathfinder--D-21conversion045Large.jpg

Also, aren't the Fords slightly flattened at the top and bottom of the 'bum'???

Edited by datzenmike

Hey kaoss...

The last pic is the best one on this whole thread!:D

If this thing is Chevy Luv truck, Toy or even later model Nissan, they would all be 6 lug..lookin forward to the front side pics when you get home.

I would bet money that it's absolutely NOT Ford 9 inch (unless it is a really early model...converted with axle change) because of it being 6 lug and the sweep of the tubes towards the center chunk.

If its not a 620 rear end it should be fun to figure out what it is. Im thinking about putting a Toy rear end in it since they seem to be ok taken torque when they are used in 4x4 toyota v8 conversions. Will see I would hate the price of getting custom rear end.

DSC01727.jpg[/img]cut my 9" ford housing down myself, had the axles shortened a Duchmen motor sports, in Portland OR for about 150.00. parts, gears and lockers are cheap. plus you will never break one.

well thats a definate option I know where a ford 9" is for cheap. I guess I should have checked what that one looks like compared to mine. Then I would have know if it was one or not.

Sorry forgot my camera all I had was my cell but I think its enough. Hell it really doesnt look like any anybody posted. Damn it..... What do you guys think?

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Oh since we are pulling the baby pics out.

My 7 month old says "my daddy dont do that low shit anymore he likes to go fast!!!!!!!" Direct quote

He has his mommy red hair and brown eyes.

ry%3D400

She is totally ok with me working on cars I think I will keep her... or she will keep me... Haha

ry%3D400

Edited by 72 327

Hey mike...what year is that toy rear from? It looks a bit like a V-6 axle. I am wondering if the one in question is an earlier 4 banger? It sure looks toy to me...expecially now that I have seen the front. My '84 and '85 4runners had axles that I would swear were exactly the same. Turn your toy axle over and check out the pumpkin (center section)...I bet it looks the same as the one in the red truck.

Cruisers axles are going to have a rear cover that bolts on...so there is absolutely zero chance of it being one of those.:cool:

Great lookin family 72! I love the supportive wife that I have...she decided to keep me too!:D

I found this pic. Its of a newer 4 runner so I know its not this new . I also thought most older 2wd toys had 5 lugs. Mine is 6 lug.

Can anybody get a pic of an 73'-76 620 datto rear end pic?

ry%3D480

Edited by 72 327