What The F%*#

Andy

2 days!!! need help Quick:eek:,I'm getting pic's up now so i can get the correct info 1st day replaced Water pump/upper & lower Rad-hose/T-stat/rebuilt front end. To day put in a new bat.+ to +,- to - and burned out alt.Found the true reason coolant leak.Seperated Exhaust & intake manifold,hoses,wires and vale cover only to see nothing for me i know but i understand the timing chain.but i need to change the head-G and need to know which are the head bolts and is there a way of removing head w/o screwing up timing??????

Edited by Andy
Had a chance to get what i wanted
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eq5h5d.jpg

4kutjp.jpg

Please help i have the head-G coming in the am.I'm new to tinypic and the text did not show up but i need to know is which are the headbolts ??

And can i remove the two10m bolts w/o removing the center bolt ??

Edited by Andy
text was not with pic's

im sorry dude but if u cant tell which ones are head bolts what are you doin taking the engine apart?

this link willbe more then helpfull please visit it an spend some time there reading, you will not regret it!

http://olddatsuns.com/620tech.htm

Edited by lynchfourtwenty
no problem bro, keep the pics and questions comming :) if your unsure of anything its all good to ask, we just need to know what it is your talkin about hehehe :lol::D

ya i hear you man,sometimes the blond shows up:lol:

Hey take a look at the top sprocket and tell me if there is something wrong with the 1,2,3 notchs.:confused:

When i bought Betsie she was overhauled in 96' the guy can't remember spec on it.And it does not look right.The service manual shows and tells it differantly for the timing.

if it is off that would explain why it is a hard start in the AM,but once started it's ok.

man im a fucking pot head, i could of swore i pasted the link hahahah, sorry im not tryin to be an asshole or nothing :lol::fu:

it's all good.it's a good thing i know something about this stuff:blink:

watching that helped me understand that it is going to be a bitch to do a inframe adjustment:(

4kutjp.jpg

You are probably NOT at TDC compression though. Take a good look at your cam. The #1 intake and exhaust lobes should be pointing upward at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Also your #3 exhaust valve is open.... it should be closed if at TDC compression. I think you are not on the compression stroke but are 180 degrees out. Turn the motor ONE turn and reset at TDC.

2eq5h5d.jpg

Edited by datzenmike
4kutjp.jpg

You are probably NOT at TDC compression though. Take a good look at your cam. The #1 intake and exhaust lobes should be pointing upward at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. Also your #3 exhaust valve is open.... it should be closed if at TDC compression. I think you are not on the compression stroke but are 180 degrees out. Turn the motor ONE turn and reset at TDC.

2eq5h5d.jpg

that's what i was thinking but was not sure.If it is nice tomorrow i will hit,thanks and will let you know how off it was

2zee7iv.jpg

After i got everything off this is what i saw,#1cy.on right

etwgmr.jpg

Another view

ou5wyc.jpg

#1cy is on the left

vn2glw.jpg

This is where i started

nyclsj.jpg

And this is what i ended up with, thanks to everybody who put there two-cents in. And the link help alot more

2hdwu0y.jpg

Nothing inside was right when i got the cover off.Now it is right