my 521

banzai510(hainz)

after swapping out the trans with Datto510 and Bucket

My slave cylinder whent out also.

Had a chezzy rebuild kit. which more or less puts a another rubber seal at the end of the plunger, The org stays on there.

The new rubber ring fits on the end of the little post. thats it. Hope it lasts, as I usually but new 521 slave clys

also I have overheat proplems.

Find out my intake bolts got loose. So remember to retighten stuff.

Hope I didnt bend the head. But it never got too HOT!!!!!!

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 521 doesn't have an overflow tank-

Perhaps they need them?

(you covered that already I know, but my 521 w/no overflow always runs low on fluid...?)

What good is it adding the weight/pressure of an old 'gasket' to a new one, as far as the rebuild goes??

what happens when the intake bolts get loose?

I'd imagine you'd lose coolant...

Is that why the head may bend?

Indirectly. Loose bolts can cause loss of coolant. If you don't notice the loss and keep driving the motor can overheat. Severe overheating can cause the head to warp. The only cure is to remove and have milled flat again. To prevent keep bolts tight and never, never, never allow an aluminum head engine to overheat.

Fix all leaks. Change coolant anti-freeze every two years. If not sure about thermostat, throw away. They are cheap and it's likely old or the original anyway. Don't buy the $5 POS from China... spend $12-$18 on a good one. Do the math ... how much for a tow or milling the head + the bother + head gasket? I have one that if it fails, it stays in the open position.

A few years ago I had an old Ford PU with a hydtraulic clutch that kept going tits up on me. It did it at work one day when there was no brake fluid around so I used tractor hydraulic fluid instead and drove the truck another ten years without ever having to mess with it again. The only thing I ever noticed was that on extremely cold mornings it was a little stiff but loosened up within 5 minutes of driving.

Indirectly. Loose bolts can cause loss of coolant. If you don't notice the loss and keep driving the motor can overheat. Severe overheating can cause the head to warp. The only cure is to remove and have milled flat again. To prevent keep bolts tight and never, never, never allow an aluminum head engine to overheat.

Fix all leaks. Change coolant anti-freeze every two years. If not sure about thermostat, throw away. They are cheap and it's likely old or the original anyway. Don't buy the $5 POS from China... spend $12-$18 on a good one. Do the math ... how much for a tow or milling the head + the bother + head gasket? I have one that if it fails, it stays in the open position.

New guy here,Hi. ok i'm getting ready to change out the water pump on this thing.It will not hold anti-freeze long i hear a hissing from a hose need to find i did not think about the head bolts.

Fuck

Now my clutch master went out yesterday!!!!!!!

Rebestos ,made in taiwan!!!!!!!!

Put another in Works great.

get spares while they are still avail

slaves and master cyl.

Rockauto .com has very good prices.

Most are made in taiwan now.

WTF Hainz? Are you a spokesman for RockAuto or what:blink: You pimp those dudes constantly. Getting a kickback:D

I liked Mr Auto-parts.com but they went defunct.

I paid Schucks 35$ out the door for a new slave I havent recieved yet.

then find Rockauto cheaper not including the discount.

NAPA said NLA ,yeah right!

But if you know of another source of parts let us all know. I cant find a cheaper place since Mr-autoparts went under.

Mr Auto had over 50$ FREE shipping

be honest I havent needed new parts in over 3/4 yrs untill this happened. Then it was all at once.

Havent purchased anything from Motorsports also in about 4yrs

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
it was loosing coolant from the watar passages. But ever so slightly,

Sometimes they can SUCK water into the intake making it look like a bad headgasket.

You know what... I think thats why my truck smokes on the freeway. :eek: There are only the upper bolts in on my intake. :confused:

New guy here,Hi. ok i'm getting ready to change out the water pump on this thing.It will not hold anti-freeze long i hear a hissing from a hose need to find i did not think about the head bolts.

water pump good,We have a shop here call "Coconino Auto Parts" Better than NAPA,Checkers,AutoZone,Pepboys and others that i have come across.All they deal in is parts from 1940-2000 some newer but very little and all makes.

Carlos

if you dont have the lower bolts it definitely be leaking water.

You must lave a L20 head with out the water passage. Usually the type where the intake is bolted to the exhaust manifold.

or just dont have or use the water passage.

PS also if its starts smelling underneath the hood its the intake/exhaust gasket as they will blow out underneath if not kept tight.