PCD's 94 Hardbody--->

Some of you guys have seen my 94 HB & others havent. It's not a Ratsun for sure ;) The truck was passed down to me from my dad years ago & i decided to "do a few mods" & paint it. That only took 4 years & about 4 different colors of primer. I have done all of the work myself w/ help from a few friends over the years. I can honestly say this truck is done but every now & then i mix it up & make subtle changes. I can add more pix down the road of the different build stages just lemme know. Today i worked on the rims [again] It was time for a color change [again]. I knew what kind of paint i needed but couldnt find it here in any store:mad: Mario [71 dimer] actually found some @ a Wal mart near his place so he bought me a few cans & shipped them out yesterday:thumbsup: Today i finally found it at a Wal mart here after almost giving up so i bought a few cans. Its a see through paint that gets darker with each coat. Aaron [phlebmaster] used the same kind on his 620 hood & rims. Ok pic time...

the old color...

12-2HB.jpg

used brush on paint stripper to remove & return the chrome look..

P1010001.jpg

4 coats of color...

P1010002.jpg

then added 2 coats of clear w/ blue & green metal flake...

P1010004.jpg

even did the backs...

P1010003.jpg

bling!

P1010005.jpg

lots O flakes...

P1010006.jpg

before & after...

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

Once again a huge TY to Mario for finding the paint for me,,even if i bought it this time :D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cool man, i love you truck. wheels look great. i have been looking at the paint everytime i'm i'm buying spray paint and trying to figure out what i could use it for. if it's transparent couldn't you tint lights with it. kinda like the transparent model paint i've used before?

Yeah it probably would work fine..but just dont do the headlights:D Today i shot the other 2 rims & installed the inserts...

3-3-09grillinserts.jpg

3-3-09greenwiresonHB.jpg