r200 diff whats the diff?

robertmartello

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The s30 r180 is 25 spline and far as I know no r200 ever came 25 spline. 280z r200 is 27 spline. so regardless of the count or diameter on that r200 I say safe bet you need the ones off the 200sx.

Edited by 72240z

the r200,s are to long you need to take like a inch to inch and a half off the left side the diff sits more to the left. Its not that hard i have made up a few sets just in case i broke 1 i think their a write up on the net some where jason grey or bryon feldmen has a write up cant remember where tho srry.

also i used one out of a 280zx.

hope these will help you

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=213759&postid=2254271

and do a search i know it out their on how to do this its not that hqard i did mine in a few hours

good luck

and my .02#

run the tranny the came with the rear diff if you can they are made to preform together. after i put mine in I had a dogleg and it was slower than shit so i put the zx 5speed in it and it goes like hell now that my .02$

He is asking about the imput shafts not the half shafts themselves. Your right though, on the r180 they are equal and on the r200 one is longer.

The rear dif and tranny combo depends on the math of the ratios and engine driving them not whether or not it was stock, although that's a good way to end up with at least a stock feel. There is always better to be had though esp since people preferences usually surpass stock.

the r200,s are to long you need to take like a inch to inch and a half off the left side the diff sits more to the left. Its not that hard i have made up a few sets just in case i broke 1 i think their a write up on the net some where jason grey or bryon feldmen has a write up cant remember where tho srry.

also i used one out of a 280zx.

hope these will help you

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=213759&postid=2254271

and do a search i know it out their on how to do this its not that hqard i did mine in a few hours

good luck

and my .02#

run the tranny the came with the rear diff if you can they are made to preform together. after i put mine in I had a dogleg and it was slower than shit so i put the zx 5speed in it and it goes like hell now that my .02$