ford 5.0 kit for 620? or my imagination)

sethris

whats up fellas, been a while since i posted, but been busy building a shop to work out of before i really dug in with a resto. but i could have sworn that i saw a post here about a kit for the 5.0 ford motor to go into a 620. headers/mounts etc. i did a search but couldnt find one. and i have an engine. thanks for any help!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are putting a 302 in a D21. I know that doesn't help you, but it still fun.

Are you adapting it and retaining 4wd or rwd or what? There is a guy who was or did a vg30dett I think, that would be mighty fun.

why use a 302? do a 351windsor, they are slightly taller but they are the same bolt in location and more power.

i just picked up this built 351 bored to a 357 up with all the conversion stuff needed for $550

l_fa12eb141c344f02a3ea7589d1d96811.jpg

:cool:

351 W are taller than a 302 also. We have a 408 windsor in my parents drag car. I've also put a windsor in a 83 yota 4x4 (not fun). Anyways I have seen a 620 with a 302 it was not pretty but was finished and driving. They had a tube welded in the pan (frt sump) for the cross link to go through. It overheated a lot due to stock radiator. I'm sure with rear sump style pan a good radiator some shorty headers (to clear torsion bars) or maybe not if ya got bags or coilovers??? It would all work I'm sure.