620 outer headlights

hairy1205

I bought a '79 620 a few weeks ago and have been trying to get it on the road since. I have done some fuel stuff, it had been sitting 10 years and i drained the laquer(gas) from the tank and replaced some of the seals in the Hitachi carb. It still won't idle but it went down the road today. While I was out I checked at the local O'Realy's and tried to get the outer headlights. The wiring diagram I got from a link to olddatsuns indicates that it has a dual filament outer bulb, but the guy at the store said there is no such thing. Can anyone out there help? Maybe a part number or something!

By the I love this site!!:lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nissan #26702 89915 '79 620 truck outer headlamp.

These are 5 3/4" round head lamps no longer used in production. The last years used were probably before the guy at the store was born. They were a sealed beam lamp with hi and low filiments.

J C Whitney has a halogen that will fit.

DELTA 5-3/4" H4 XENON HEADLIGHTS WITH ADAPTER KIT

DELTA 5-3/4" H4 XENON HEADLIGHTS WITH ADAPTER KIT

Upgrade to superior lighting with this pair of Xenon headlights! 60-watt light source is 50% brighter than standard halogen headlights. Replace OEM beams in less than 30 minutes!

Review this product

Retail: $138.68 - $146.75

Our Low Price: $88.99 - $94.99

You Save: $49.69 - $51.76

BUY 5-3/4

The standard bulbs are still available. I had to buy a set last month. Walked in to NAPA, walked out with a pair. H5006 for the outer low beam (H5001 for the High Beam). Schucks doesn't carry the high beams anymore, but still had the low beams. NAPA only had the highs behind the counter in very dusty boxes.

I didn't realize you were stuck on brand. Koito hasn't made sealed-beam headlights for years. The company still exists, but only if you're looking for composite bulbs.

You aren't gonna find outer bulbs; the originals all burned out years ago. They've been out of production almost 30 years, so unless you can find a car in a field that only got used a couple years, it's next to impossible.

I hear you pete, I am an automotive electrical technician by trade(although out of work due to the economy). I have all of the relays and the alternator in my shop to do the upgrades. I will definitely take your advice. No need for late night wire smoking.