620 header question

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are "Tri-Y's"which is a good design.BUt i question your need for a header to begin with.Unless you are going to be sustaining moderate to high RPM,the header is a waste and then you have the standard "header pain-in-the-asses"that come with them.Stick with your stock manifold and have a good system bent for it.Nothing bigger than 2.25.2 inch would probably be best.

Top End Performance has those headers for 140$ Yes the exact same one!!!

But the paint on there is cheap, Best to get them ceramic coated like this

make sure you have a squareport head as these are square port headers. Like a U67 is a squareport head(look at sparkplug side of head there will be a #

Thanks for for the $ave! Just threw on a 32/36 Weber and figured since I'm gonna get some pipes bent, might as well get headers too. Thinking about gettin one of those Isky L4 cams too to throw in the same time.

Not to knock Top End, but I had a set of their headers for my previous 510 wagon and I was pretty disappointed with the fitment. The holes were too large to properly center the unit, and I had to do a bunch of diddling with it to have it mate properly with the head.

That was a few years ago, so maybe they're better now.

They are "Tri-Y's"which is a good design.BUt i question your need for a header to begin with.Unless you are going to be sustaining moderate to high RPM,the header is a waste and then you have the standard "header pain-in-the-asses"that come with them.Stick with your stock manifold and have a good system bent for it.Nothing bigger than 2.25.2 inch would probably be best.

Thanks for the help, but I think I'm gonna open her up every chance I get! Do you think 2.5 inch is too much? Tryin to follow this guy!

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0801_datsun_620_keep_on_truckin/index.html

Thanks for the help, but I think I'm gonna open her up every chance I get! Do you think 2.5 inch is too much? Tryin to follow this guy!

http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0801_datsun_620_keep_on_truckin/index.html

2.5 inch on a 2.0 liter engine is too much unless you're on the track winding the snot out of it.Too big a pipe will actually hurt performance all around.

Talked to Top End and they quoted the ceramic coating MORE than the cost of the header itself. Is there a cheaper/easier way to do this?

Find a performance coatings shop local to you. I paid $115 to have a stock L16 exhaust manifold coated local to me.