Rotary

Guest jaimesix
if engines werent made to impress then no one would ever open the hood.

there is also no stopping (let alone twice) in single a rotary revolution.

the poster just makes me :D

:lol:

Most vehicles and their engines have been intended for transportation means, not made to impress.

The Piston engine was not made to impress, although certain piston engines have been made with the express intention to impress, like sports cars like Ferraris and their engines, Porsche sports cars and their engines, etc.

In the case of rotary engines, the 20B 3 rotor engine available in the former Mazda Eunos Cosmo never sold in North America was an engine meant to impress.

About your comment on revolutions of rotors, I do not understand what you mean.

You do not make me laugh, I do not find you funny.

Jaime.___________________________________________________

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About your comment on revolutions of rotors, I do not understand what you mean.

You do not make me laugh, I do not find you funny.

the rotors do not stop at any point, like pistons do at TDC and BDC.

there is a potential gain from the momentum as well as a reduction in friction.

me, not :lol: ? :eek: :fu: (you may be correct though)

As posted earlier, the rotary gets a bad rap for the wrong reasons. Having owned 2 RX7's, I know very well how good they can be. Have you ever felt how smooooth they are at 7000 rpm's?? You will never get a piston engine to be so smooth at those revs. The more you rev them, they smoother they feel.

Guest jaimesix
the rotors do not stop at any point, like pistons do at TDC and BDC.

there is a potential gain from the momentum as well as a reduction in friction.

me, not :lol: ? :eek: :fu: (you may be correct though)

That is right. Now, what is that comment about, are you trying to tell me that I do not know rotors rotate?

What part of rotary you do not understand?? Do you know what apex seals are? Rotors? Housings? Excentric Shaft? Do you know what street porting is? What bridge porting is? What peripheral porting is? Do you know where are the exhaust and intake ports located in a Renesis Rotary Engine?

You just hate rotary engines as many ignorant people do, w/o any knowledge of them, and express your ignorance by acting on it.

This argument is a waste of my time, with childish arguments like this, kids win,yes, the rotary engine is garbage. You won. Very good!!!

Everyone take a breather, here a second.

The Crank is 1700's steam engine tech. The offset of the throws are VERY inefficient. The rotary tries to overcome this, as more of the energy goes a bit more directly to the rotational energy. That's why such small engines can make huge power(esp turbo'd).

Are they better? In some ways yes, some ways no.

Tolerances are MUCH tighter, so production costs are higher.

I respect the tech, like many do.

So, here is a Gif of a hugely, illogically popular piece of antique boat anchor,

the Harley Davidson V-twin. Talk about inefficient. MoFo's rattle themselves apart, they are such garbage....V-TWIN.gif

And remember Jesus is yer Buddy!

1077848993_l.jpg

Some other weird crap:

wtf-1.jpg

wtf1.jpg

wtf.jpg

stainglass.jpg

That is right. Now, what is that comment about,

you said you didnt understand my comment, i just clarified!

What part of rotary you do not understand??

who said i didnt understand??? ive rebuilt 2 motors before.

You just hate rotary engines as many ignorant people do, w/o any knowledge of them, and express your ignorance by acting on it.

if my ignorance is the poster than i guess so! i also never said i hated them, just not something i would swap into a datsun EVER! i appreciate the engineering behind them greatly. it is the only change, EVER, to the internal combustion engine

This argument is a waste of my time

apparently not

maybe its time to change your sig line

What do "The Germans" have to do with it? Maybe you are referring to the Wankel patent holder, which was a german company?

Why is there only ONE car on the planet using the motor? Actually, I know of hundreds of cars using it. Do you mean why is the RX8 the only current production car using a rotary engine?