why would the clutch pedal sink?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like the slave cylinder to me, cheap and easy to replace.. Doit yourself.. ofcourse i could be wrong an it could be the clutch master cylinder.. which i doubt.. "could be wrong" but could also be the reason the clutch doesnt go in reverse and possibly "grinding"??

sounds like the slave cylinder to me, cheap and easy to replace.. Doit yourself.. ofcourse i could be wrong an it could be the clutch master cylinder.. which i doubt.. "could be wrong" but could also be the reason the clutch doesnt go in reverse and possibly "grinding"??

I just swapped the clutch master cylinder (first time doing/learning) haha I think I'll just swap in that KA :o

damn. i need to budget some money for bodywork repairs too =

maybe you didnt doit right.. maybe it needs bled.. maybe its not the master and its the Slave like i said (maybe) lol or ya just swap in the ka, that's good too :P

it was bled. the clutch mc was dry,so if it wasnt bled. the clutch woudlnt have engaged :)

7 times out of 10 the slave goes bad before the master IF they're the same age... more grit oil and grime down there. They should always be replaced in pairs, but few do that.

Order of troubleshoting:

1) Improperly bled hydraulics

2) Failed slave

3) Failed hose (bulging)

4) Bad replacement master

5) Failure past the slave (fork, throwout, or pressure plate).

All the above can cause your symptoms. You can check #5 without cost by making sure the slave is fully retracted, if it isn't, try to move the fork with a pair of vice grips. Should have near zero slop and be difficult to disengage.