WANTED: Block + Head

But how many miles are on those motors? And streetable?
Yes, they are very street-able. Kurzals ran an 11.3 in the 1/4 on STREET tires!! He does have a 280Z body which is stiffer, but Timz has a 240Z body, so he probably did some reinforcements.

Also, Jeff Priddy has a 280ZXT that is up to like 550 HP! If I remember right, one time he blew out the bottom end tuning the top-end. He just went to the junk yard and used a stock turbo block...who knows how many miles...and it dyno'd at 450 HP. The bottom ends are pretty stout already.

It is way more important to bore the cylinder than to stroke it. Since Pressure = Force / Area, the more area you have, the more force it will produce with the same working pressure (F=P*A). Stroking it will increase the amount of air the engine sucks in a little bit (displacement). You'd think that a stroked crank would have a longer lever-arm to get more torque from the combustion cycle. But, most of the combustion pressure drops off rapidly within the first 20 degrees or so after top dead center. The longer throw doesn't have that much (mechanical) effect after all on torque, just displacement.

works...Here's a Harley Davidson 2 cyl.:

Kingpin = Yuck! (just kidding). One of the reasons the L6 and V12 are considered the "smoothest" engines is that they are naturally balanced. They don't need a big counterweight on the crank to offset the balance of a kingpin. Plus, the L6 has seven main bearings versus five on an American V-8.

Another interesting tidbit is that American V-8's typically have a cross-plane crank design rather than a flat-plane design. That's the main reason why you hear a different exhaust note from the European "exotic" V-8's (like Ferrari) than American muscle.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I wouldn't be the first time. :rolleyes:

Edited by hughdogz
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first part I knew already, but the second part I know its almost exactly what Bleach said, but for some reason it clicked better. It makes sense now :)

Love you guys

Megan, the way I look at it (compression ratio on a turbo'd motor) is that with a turbo, you can cool down the compressed air with an intercooler. With a high compression n/a there is no way to cool the air, so you have way more heat to deal with. That's why you have a higher likelyhood of detonation running a high-compression ratio turbo motor. :blush:

But how many miles are on those motors? And are they streetable?

Johns car is very streetable, its probably more comfortable than my car lol

he came to our show and shine with his very young daughter riding shotgun playing the Ipod on his stereo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.