SSS carbs?

Can anyone confirm from these pics if these are 38mm SSS carbs? I recently sold an intake on Ebay, the fella that bought them called me and we talked for a while. He was a parts manager at a Nissan Dealership from 1968-88 and has always been a fan of the Datsuns. I told him that I was into the 510 and he said he had a bunch of old parts in his attic.:D We chatted back and forth and he tod me about these carbs, I asked if he would ever consider selling them. He said, " I'm not using them, you can have them." So he sent them to me for free and he even threw a dual Cannon sidedraft manifold in the box!

Super cool guy, I told him to check out the site.:lol:

SANY0209.jpg

SANY0210.jpg

SANY0211.jpg

SANY0212.jpg

SANY0213.jpg

SANY0214.jpg

SANY0215.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Z-cars and Roadsters, even Datsun 411 SSS came with twin Hitachis in USA

For 510, 610, B110, B210, not sold in USA. They were Datsun Competition parts or found on used engines from Japan. Sold in other markets most notably JDM and ZADM (South Africa Domestic Market)

You Scored! If you do not actually get around to using them, you should pass them along ...

Yes, Z-cars and Roadsters, even Datsun 411 SSS came with twin Hitachis in USA

For 510, 610, B110, B210, not sold in USA. They were Datsun Competition parts or found on used engines from Japan. Sold in other markets most notably JDM and ZADM (South Africa Domestic Market)

You Scored! If you do not actually get around to using them, you should pass them along ...

Sweet! I will be using them, I just have a lot of reading to do first! My 4 door has the stock hitachi, this will be a nice upgrade.:lol:

Fantastic Find! The manifold is definitely Datsun, made by Hitachi, and the desireable '220' casting. I need some shots across the tops of the fuel bowls and tops of the carbs to confirm. Once again, great find!

Can you tell from this picture which pieces you are gonna need?

IMG_9894.jpg

I'm looking for the manifold you have if you decide to part with any of those parts.

It think its all there minus the air cleaner. For now I am planning on keeping it, I'll let you know if I change my mind.

Fantastic Find! The manifold is definitely Datsun, made by Hitachi, and the desireable '220' casting. I need some shots across the tops of the fuel bowls and tops of the carbs to confirm. Once again, great find!

Woo-hoo!!:D I'll get up some mor pics tommorow.

Here are some system diagrams, for Datsun B110, but still similar to Datsun 510:

8995.jpg8996.jpg8997.jpg

Hitachi Twin Carb -- see the Photos section

Thats an awesome link, thanks!