Solvang Roadster Meet 2009

fairlady66

Hey Roadster owners, Solvang 2009 is on and we want you to be there! Mark your calendars now, April 25. We promise a fun filled weekend with lots of cars, great people and good food after the show. Alot of Southern California Roadster folks will be caravaning up there on Friday the 24th. Book you hotels now, the show is the 25th. We have found that when booking online a reply is sent stating there are no vacantcys, calling we find to be differnt. pleanty of room.

More information will be avaliable on February 1 when the Solvang 2009 website is up for registeration.

Help us get the word out, this year we are going for a record 100 cars, so lets talk this up and invade Solvang with Roadsters

Hope to see you all there

Chris

SoCalROC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeting Roadster Owners!

I have been communicating lately with Jeff about the Solvang meet. Sounds like Solvang this year is going to be great. We are hoping for 100 cars this year. Please help us get the word out for this years event and lets hit that goal of 100!

Keep your eyes open for the website which should be up the first of February. Though there were a few problem with the site last year it should be working good this year. Remember, Jeff doesn't do this full time, so the site might not be what some expect, but it gets the job done, and it is about the meet and getting there and having a great time. There is no place anyone can go to see cars and meet some really great people besides a Datsun Roadster Show. Solvang is great, Roadster folks from all over. Come on and help get the word out.

Having you there is what will make this a great show.

We will be organizing a couple of meets to caravan up there once again this year. More information to cme as the date gets closer.

Here is the site link: http://solvangshow.com/

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Solvang!

Chris Breyer

SoCalROC

I plan on bringing the Roadster, and driving it now that the turbo is rebuilt :) Will be the first show I've actually brought one. been there the last 4 years, but no ride. I did bring the Z 2 years ago. Now I just gotta put the turbo back on the car and do a little tweaking to the intake plumbing. With the way things are going, I don't think there will be 100 there. It gets kinda cluttered with 70 or so there, 100 would pack the street solid! Hope your not in the middle and need to leave early :blink:

Mark

Posted for Jeff Torres:

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and a status update on our Solvang Datsun Roadster Classic this year. As we speak, I am diligently working on updating our web site for our Solvang '09 registration kick-off on Monday February 2nd 2009. This is when official registration will begin.

A couple of things have been improved on the web site itself. For one I am working on getting a PDF file for registration. This means one click of the mouse and a perfect 8 1/2 x 11 registration sheet will kick out of your printer. I know we had some probs last year with that, and well, hopefully that will be fixed.

Also, the front page of the website will have this years Official 2009 Logo. This is the logo that will be printed on our T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Also, we will have an expanded line of clothing items that can be purchased as part of the event. Last year I had different people asking for different things and well, although it is kind of difficult to offer many items, we will be offering these items as a pre-order only to make those of you with different tastes a little happier:) Our official event colors this year will be black and steel gray. The items you will have to choose from will be this color variation and include a light weight zip-up windbreaker, a windshirt and a retro camp shirt. We will still be offering our standard T's, polo's and hoodies.

Mendenhall's Museum is an interesting prospect. I telephoned the owner tonight to secure our spot and it seems he is still in the market to make money off of us. I guess the father who passed away didn't charge us on an individual basis, but that has changed and the new owner(son) wants $5 a head. He said he regularly charges $10, but since we have been coming for so long...he'll keep it at $5..thanks.

Soooo...what else? Oh ya'....the group photo. I was all set to sell group photos last year and find someone to produce the panoramic set-up like in years past, but I only had 2 requests(you know who you are) and well, it would cost way to much to just do two and without the right equipment or a developing room etc...it couldn't be done. Soooo...this year we're going to do it this way. If someone wants to take over the group shot at the end and arrange their own group photo offering please get in touch with me. For now though we are going to still do the group shot and let people take their own.

Last year my wife and I worked real hard to bring you guys a quality show and this year it will be the same

if I am not mistaken, this is the same day/weekend as Z car nationals.

How did that happen? I know many people in the roadster community that also cruise to nationals, how will this affect the turnout.

"we already in town(so-cal :lol: ), so why not make a weekend out of it?!?"

at least that was the sentiment from those that traveled a distance.

Well for those that know of the Solvang Roadster Show they know that it has been the same weekend in April from day one. Not sure how it will affect the turn out. No need to let that dampen the thrill of being there. Hope to see you all in Solvang.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...