Air Idle Control

cheg

Hey I need a little help, my air idle control just went out in my 76 280z and I was wondering if a air idle control would work from a zx motor, the ohms on the old idle control are said to be 60 ohms, and the new one says 75, would it work if i just hooked up the air idle control from a zx motor?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The air idle control is for cold starting. In some cases it's warm enough to run without it.

I just eliminated mine lol (and gave it to cody), it makes the intake mani look even more cluttered and all it dose is raise your RPMs when its cold.

The reason my brother wants it is because it doesn't die when it's idling and it doesnt help that he has an electric fan instead of a mechanical fan and it wastes the battery so we only have enough battery to fucking turn it over once or we have to compression start it :blink: not something that's fun right before school haha

Find a mid '80 200sx with CA20 engine. There is an inline temp switch for the rad fan in the lower hose. All you have to do is slice your hose in half and insert inline. Run these two wires to a relay that feeds power to the fan. Only time the fan will come on after that is sitting idling for long periods.

Hey I need a little help, my air idle control just went out in my 76 280z and I was wondering if a air idle control would work from a zx motor, the ohms on the old idle control are said to be 60 ohms, and the new one says 75, would it work if i just hooked up the air idle control from a zx motor?

So did it work? I think it should work just fine...

It shouldn't matter exactly which year it is from, since it has nothing to do with the computer.

There a little gate valve in there that closes as the voltage is applied. It may take a couple of minutes for it to close. By that time, your engine should be warm enough you don't need the extra air for high idle.