Opinion

Mustangs...ride on leaf springs.
Are you trying to mislead people, or did you mean something else? Mustangs haven't used leaf springs in the last three decades. If you meant "1960s-era Mustangs ride on leaf springs" then it wouldn't be misleading.

On the other hand, as mentioned, Corvettes use/used a leaf spring suspension (not sure if the newest ones do). They used it because it worked -- and worked well :-)

V6 mustangs. Stock suspension and they both sucked
Sure, that's why I said "newer V8 Mustang" and "newer Mustang GT" -- not the V6 model which is designed for other purpose than high peformance. All all newer GTs have LSD stock I believe since 1985 until the 2009 models. Maybe you should just stop repeating stuff you've heard... and instead just give your opinion.

I loved reading agentdelta's opinions above. He told us how he felt without trying to 'prove' it by adding all kinds of factual statements. I don't even agree 100% with him, but see his opinion.

Edited by ggzilla
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delta?

lol

And "factual" is a misnomer.

This isn't even what I call a "fast" Z.

Ignore the music, if you must.

But watch the shame he freely hands out to MUCH higher priced cars!

:lol:

I believe a S2000 is included.

Tell him to buy a Z.

Edited by agentalpha

Ya see thats the thing, no one said he was looking for a z or the fastest bang for buck lol. There is a list of options.....

I agree with you, there is no better value then a s30 but not only was it not an option he specifically said his friend didn't like older datsuns.

yer, I meant agentalpha. When I hear "miata" I think the same thing you voiced... haha. Not saying I wouldn't drive one...

The choices are

2001 Honda S2k-10,500

2001 Ford Mustang-5,500

2003 Mazda Miata SE-10,000

My opinion is get the S2000, because he may never have 10k free again. Later he can buy the lesser cars ... :-) But he can't lose with any of these choices. Unless the Mustang is a V6 model :-)

great descusion guys! see i knew he would get a better oppinion if i asked him. Now i also have been pusing the hell out of him to get a early z and if he really wants power swap it. i know someone who has a 1974 z with an RB shit loads of power. to bad he crashed it! well what ever. He likes the idea of a z32 as well. so well shall see. and he just told me he was pulling my leg. he wants to buy one of those three but not anytime soon. just wants a good idea of what he should do. sorry if this pisses off a few people but its still a good debate.

now he tells me he likes the z32...now i think its now more than likely the twin turbo z. i think there still cheap tooo.

Really ttz32 was the most fun car I have had, vg30dett was the 1st motor I ever fully rebuilt too head and all, loved it. Low miles, be a GOOD mechanic or have money for a good mechanic though. You have to have one of the 3. Upkeep is very imp and repair very challenging. Track and street the car performs, its weight problem is I think its main/biggest problem.

THEY'RE cheap when you consider what you get for the price but in the long run damn well expect a stack of receipts.

Edited by 72240z

if i was to get something with 3mi of wiring in it and a fairly recent bottling date. id get a big body lexus or infinity.

throw some big rims on it and bam your vip. most of the handling of the cars listed, all the power, plus everything and a electric sink.

there is something to be said for a road couch that will do 160, is rwd, gets 25+, and can seat 5 adults comfortably.

and its funny that driving a bmw equivalent import doesnt make you a asshole. your just better off looking.

well I tried to stay out of this one but... Alas.

I'd go with a z32 non turbo... 222hp stock, enough power and handlng to make a fun and entertaining car but not so much as to make you stupid. With lots of potential, and reliability, how could you go wrong.

No doubt that for the money, the package is EXCELLENT. That said though they are only as reliable as the previous owners will allow, z32 is finicky and complex as hell. Every little aspect of that car needs to be taken care of in time or its going to put the screws to you lol and its not cheap to repair. Or easy for that matter, thats one tight sob. So many kids buy that car and just run it right into the ground because its so over their head. Hurts me to see.

I really wouldn't say it has high potential because its a tight n/a. Getting 220 to the wheels is quite the(outrageously expensive) accomplishment and that (short of a swap and then whats the point) will always be its limitation. That power limit with the fact the z32 is a big girl kind of leaves you with a car thats just about as good as its going to get. Again, without drastic swapping etc...

z32 will always be one of my fav cars, its a fun animal and its flat out gorgeous, esp the late models with projection head lights and 3rd gen bumper/air dam. Just think that should be noted is all.

Edit: I forgot to say even with its comparatively mild power (esp compared to the TT) that thing is dangerous as hell if you don't respect it. So much tq down low coupled with the high rear end the n/a's got means if you fuck around its going to bite you.

It imo Pisses on all the other choices too, how many 5.slows I put in their place is almost sad :-).

Edited by 72240z