Early Volvo 4-piston calipers

DAW

I have some early Volvo (142 I think) 4-piston calipers laying around and noticed that they have the same mounting bolt spread as the 710 struts also laying around (which is narrower than the typical 3.5", 89mm, bolt center spread). I want to put together something for the front of my 510, different than the standard 280ZX strut swap. I want to build up the struts with brakes separately then swap in these assemblies into my 510. Has anyone used these calipers on 510 or 710 stuts; and, if so, what hubs/rotors were used? I don't mind solid rotors as long as I can get a decent diameter set-up.

DAW

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip about the Realm. I did search and found discussion re Volvo calipers but they are referring to the 240 series with 89mm spacing on the mounting bolts. I have some of those ATE and Girling calipers on hand, but if I were using a strut with 89mm spacing, I'd use the Alfa Romeo aluminum caliper 2-piston front calipers I have.

I'm referring to Girling 4-piston fixed (iron) calipers with c-c mounting spacing that wouldn't bolt to 89mm c-c ears; but will bolt to the narrower ears of 710 struts (and which rotors would work best with them). I'll keep searching.

DAW

• 9 months later...