Heater hose

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking shop-vac hose and then I remembered the electrical guys at work use some flexi conduit and snapped a pic. I’m sure there’s better, but an idea. 

IMG_1347.jpeg

Jake does make the 3D printed connecter air-box duct. I have the forms to make heat-formable plastic ducts, but don't have any made up right now. I might work up a small bath in the Fall as time allows if you're interested and not in a hurry.

Batch of Seven - Apr 2020.JPG

Elbow On Ted's #1.JPG

• Like 2
5 hours ago, difrangia said:

Jake does make the 3D printed connecter air-box duct. I have the forms to make heat-formable plastic ducts, but don't have any made up right now. I might work up a small bath in the Fall as time allows if you're interested and not in a hurry.

Batch of Seven - Apr 2020.JPG

Elbow On Ted's #1.JPG

I appreciate the the offer I’ll keep that in mind I’m gonna talk to my cousin and see if he can 3d print one for me or if he’s knows where the old one is as he was the previous owner. If that doesn’t work out would you be able to ship it or would it need to be picked up?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE : I got my cousin to 3d print me a connector. Slight problem though my heater is broken? I’m not quite sure really. The Problem is the knob to turn the heater to cold is stuck in the middle and the air will get “warm” not hot enough to defrost though I dug around the forums and found a thread talking about the same problem but I couldn’t find a fix I’m not sure if this is the was it’s supposed to be and I just don’t have the right thing to turn it or if it’s corroded and won’t turn I don’t know where to start on this problem. Does anybody have any advice on where to start?

also, I do have the cover to this, but I don’t have the lever to turn hot-coldIMG_0559.thumb.jpeg.e6a6e1ccef287506ab3ce05f3f8dc0dc.jpeg

9 hours ago, Crusty320 said:

UPDATE : I got my cousin to 3d print me a connector. Slight problem though my heater is broken? I’m not quite sure really. The Problem is the knob to turn the heater to cold is stuck in the middle and the air will get “warm” not hot enough to defrost though I dug around the forums and found a thread talking about the same problem but I couldn’t find a fix I’m not sure if this is the was it’s supposed to be and I just don’t have the right thing to turn it or if it’s corroded and won’t turn I don’t know where to start on this problem. Does anybody have any advice on where to start?

also, I do have the cover to this, but I don’t have the lever to turn hot-coldIMG_0559.thumb.jpeg.e6a6e1ccef287506ab3ce05f3f8dc0dc.jpeg

Best is to use a dowel to tap it out from the back... maybe soak from the inside for a day or 2 with some pb blaster or wd40.. it's basically the oring that rots and gets stuck....

There is a tiny set screw so get that removed first.... I actually have o rings I could send you for the valve... I could only buy a 50 pk so I have plenty to spare. They are ment for oils and coolant.... no cost just need address..

I also have a cover but It for the 521, I think the cover for the 320 is a little different but it might work....

17 minutes ago, difrangia said:

Good info there from Crashtd420. Just be gentle with that valve and it will rebuild and work pretty much like new. Someone on here or Facebook 320 owner forum 3D printed a run or replacement knobs; Might have been Jake A.

Jake did make them, I'm sure he has the ability to make more or even has one... but none available on ebay....

I'm not sure his name here....

Screenshot_20240913_094010_eBay.jpg

3 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Best is to use a dowel to tap it out from the back... maybe soak from the inside for a day or 2 with some pb blaster or wd40.. it's basically the oring that rots and gets stuck....

There is a tiny set screw so get that removed first.... I actually have o rings I could send you for the valve... I could only buy a 50 pk so I have plenty to spare. They are ment for oils and coolant.... no cost just need address..

I also have a cover but It for the 521, I think the cover for the 320 is a little different but it might work....

Thanks for the info and the offer I’ll get back to you if I end up needing it. I think I’ll try grabbing one locally first.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Crusty320 said:

Thanks for the info and the offer I’ll get back to you if I end up needing it. I think I’ll try grabbing one locally first.

If you try locally these are the dimensions of what i used and have,  again I'm assuming the heater core and valve are the same size as my 521... which I belive they are with only small differences with the housing....

Screenshot_20240913_112117_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Crusty320 said:

So I got the core out of the housing but I’m kind of stuck now i can pop the valve out I really would hate to break it I’m trying to be carful but it’s not coming out and is still seized up.IMG_0561.thumb.jpeg.606c2f41aa954f10a3c87c6907d8ff01.jpeg

I'd set it up with the valve facing down.... get a piece of wood and drill a hole for the valve... you wanna support the box but mostly the tube that the valve is stuck in... tap with a rod from the inside pushing the valve into the hole you drilled....

Can be done with a socket as well but less stable....

• Like 1