Frontier ka24de questions.

Hi

I'm doing some research about swaps before I buy a 620. I tried to search about using a ka24de from a 2000 Frontier for example. Is there anything concerning about that engine compared to an s13's. I know it would have a rear sump but I'm wondering about the wiring and intake manifold. 

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The S13 EFI wiring is on it's own harness and pretty easy to remove from the car. The D21 Hardbody and likely the Frontier/Xterra are mixed in with the engine harness as one and not easy to separate.

• Like 1

Rear sump is best for the 620, so the frontier block is better. Like Mike said, the wiring can be a pain. 
I see 240sx intake wiring and ecu for,m time to time on marketplace which would make it easier. 
The frontier intake does work well with like a Holley throttle body setup. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

frontier ka is gonna have smaller camshaft profile than the older s13 ka. car engines got 240/248, 232/232 cam options. frontiers only got 216/216 profile. 

the frontier engine can be "converted" to run on s13 parts. the front upper timing cover and the jack pulley with the distributor gear are needed. if you use the s13 upper timing cover that has the distributor provision, you can use an s13 distributor. youll need to remove the frontier distributor and figure out a way to support the oil pump drive in the timing cover. 

the s13 intake should bolt right up to the d22 engine. 

• Like 1