Any other motorcycle enthusiasts here?

I would totally ride one of those new/old Triumphs, but I figure if I'm spending that money, why not get a Ducati Monster? Or how about one of those old/new Honda 650s? Those are so cool. I actually tried finding one for sale a few years ago and they've already attained stupid money status.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Or how about one of those old/new Honda 650s? Those are so cool.

Not familiar with those... 🤔

17 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I actually tried finding one for sale a few years ago and they've already attained stupid money status.

I had the same problem with the CB1100. I really wanted one but they only sold them for a short time, in limited numbers (in the US market), and then cancelled it. So now the used ones are fetching stupid money because they are so "rare".

XBaFl5a-2g-oviNKTycrkQXQOaRxcXDV0EeNEucQ

Edited by datsunfreak

I'm addicted to riding motorcycles. I mostly ride on the dirt with a couple modern bike, a Yamaha YZ250X, an a KTM 500 EXC-F. I also have a 1984 Yamaha RZ350 twin cylinder 2-stroke restomod street bike. It has modern front suspension from a 99' Yamaha R1 and a Yamaha FZ600 aluminum swingarm mated to a R6 shock. The engine is mostly stock with just a set of cambers, a pod air filter, and modern electronics for reliability. The frame has been detabbed and powder coated, but I still need to paint the bodywork, I'm going with the yellow and black Kenny Roberts livery. I've ridden the bike all over Oregon, Washington and Idaho.

IMG_20180730_180702741.jpg

• Like 3
On 6/26/2024 at 7:38 PM, ]2eDeYe said:

Enthusiast here. For some reason I like Yamahas, probably due to my first enduro.

My brother and I used to ride this one as kids. I gave it away at one point and it came back to me. The engine is currently almost back together and waiting for me to get motivated again.

IMG_4377.jpeg.2147db19be4a32f265f09fda0ed137c4.jpeg

I remember the 250 enduro from back in the day.

Same look as the picture above,..... by memory it was sometimes called a DT1

I was 17, so 50 years ago.