'72 521 N of Boston

• xxmass changed the title to '72 521 N of Boston
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a couple of us North of Boston on here. With @mainer311 and @Crashtd420 both having 521s around. 

Hopefully we’ll see you around! 

There is a nice little cars and coffee that goes on at Cafe Nero in Andover. Lot can fill quick but sometimes there are a couple Datsuns there. Japanese day in the fall at Larz Anderson is always a good time too. I’ve been meaning to check out Sea Coast and Southern NH cars and coffee but haven’t made it up there yet.

Nice looking truck! Let’s see some more of it.

Edited by demo243
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

this truck came from idaho. it was listed on the ratsun classifieds in late 2011 when i purchased from jdmike, and then transported it here to mass. it was/is a super straight low mileage survivor. i dropped the gas tank, and treated it to one of those clean & seal kits from por 15. also gave it a matchbox, and redline weber kit. then valve lash adjustment. all with help from this devoted cast of brothers on ratsun. i got very lucky to purchase it from jdmike back then. i've had it stored for the past 5 years. the brake master, and possibly one of the wheel cylinders needs to be replaced, so i'm enjoying getting my hands and mind back into this sweet little truck. side note, last year i bought a '70 fj40 in idaho and finally brought it here to mass. i'm in the process of a disc brake conversion on that little monster. neither vehicles are registered at the moment. ...fun thing is my son, 21 now, also loves his trucks. the ford diesel kind, that he enjoys customizing. a 7.3, and a 6.7 if you know the fords. i'm happy to finally start a project page for the 521. my previous mods weren't very difficult, but i plan to convert to disc brakes, and put a dogleg in it, and i think those are worthy of a project page. thank you for the warm re-welcome from the local crew. i appreciate it very much. 

Edited by xxmass
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, pidge said:

Cool 521 brother

thanks pidge. it never fails to make me smile 🙂  ...even when the brake system is halfway removed i still keep topping off that tire with the slow leak. 

1 hour ago, xxmass said:

thanks pidge. it never fails to make me smile 🙂  ...even when the brake system is halfway removed i still keep topping off that tire with the slow leak. 

What he said,,sweet ride.  Yep top off the tyres and brake early 😄

• Thanks 1