I wonder if you know how good you've got it here

Hi all just stopping by to say I wish my current problems were with my 720 instead of my 2002 jeep grand hunk of trash. I didn't realize just how privileged I was to be a member of a forum where guys are active and interested in your success. I post on the jeep forum with issues and if I'm lucky someone will plug the wj grounds write up (which i already found and use often) but most times it's just me talking to myself and if I could get the answers that way... why would I be on a forum asking questions. Anyways just be grateful that mopar didn't design your ride and you've got a great forum to rely on

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did learn one thing here that's helped me with this jeep and that was... buy a fsm! Unfortunately the fsm for this thing would be more accurately termed the factory service collection. (Library? Well maybe library is a bit grand, more grand the cherokee for sure)

• Like 1

That is always my first bit of advice, a factory service manual will typically have everything you need to repair whatever is broken on whatever you are fixing. 

• Like 2

Haynes and Clymers just condensed copy of the '80-'86.5 720 FSMs into a 1/2" thick book. In fact the '83 and up is simply an add on supplement of specs at the back. Only thing I like about the Haynes 620 manual is the electrical diagrams are all there. 

I have a Chiltons manual for my Honda Accord and a Haynes manual for my 720. So far from the handful of things I've needed the books for. If you're a glorified parts swapper like myself and you need meticulous step by step instructions. Chiltons has been more helpful for me in this sense. The 720 Haynes book has been less helpful. Most of the time it seems the instructions in Haynes book are "figure out how to remove the part, then do the reverse to put it back on". 🤦‍♂️

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1

Factory service manuals are a must if you need really specific information on very specific topics.