620 no sparks from the Dizzy to the spark plugs

take a picture of the dist w/o the cap on.

I dont get this you get spark from center coil wire. the rest is routing to the spark plugs.

I seen on a 520 with points I would get spark from the center coil wire but when I put the dist cap back on it would not spark. I did something insideand pushed on the side of the dist  and it worked. I dont know if this helps you.

since now you have both caps removed make sure TDC and CCW fire order.

those caps dont look bad

ground it better if electric distributor

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

take a picture of the dist w/o the cap on.

I dont get this you get spark from center coil wire. the rest is routing to the spark plugs.

I seen on a 520 with points I would get spark from the center coil wire but when I put the dist cap back on it would not spark. I did something insideand pushed on the side of the dist  and it worked. I dont know if this helps you.

since now you have both caps removed make sure TDC and CCW fire order.

those caps dont look bad

ground it better if electric distributor

I'll take some picture after the rain. How do I ground the electric distributor better? Is there a ground wire? Because I don't see any besides the B and C wire that goes to the coil.

3h6NWI6.jpg

Some have a ground some don't. this one does under the top screw. Just do something similar. The module is the source of the grounding for the coil. Everything must be grounded for it to work.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sanyantho said:

I'll take some picture after the rain. How do I ground the electric distributor better? Is there a ground wire? Because I don't see any besides the B and C wire that goes to the coil.

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3318.jpeg

Extra ground is nice but we already know that there is a spark from the coil so it's obviously connected and working, it's just not getting through the distributor cap to the plugs.

What's with all the water???? Is there water on the inside of the cap??? That could cause the spark to jump to ground and not through the wires to the plugs.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

3h6NWI6.jpg

Some have a ground some don't. this one does under the top screw. Just do something similar. The module is the source of the grounding for the coil. Everything must be grounded for it to work.

Thank you Mike, we do.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Extra ground is nice but we already know that there is a spark from the coil so it's obviously connected and working, it's just not getting through the distributor cap to the plugs.

What's with all the water???? Is there water on the inside of the cap??? That could cause the spark to jump to ground and not through the wires to the plugs.

It just rained, had the hood opened. Didn't get to close the hood in time.