driveshaft spacer info?

Datsun720

I've got some drivetrain vibration at highway speeds, i believe its because my driveshaft yoke does not go in far enough into the transmission. I know they make driveshaft spacers for toyotas, but i have not seen any for datsun/nissan. Anyone know if those will work or where i can get one that will? I have a C200 differential from an '83 4x4 720

I was also wondering if i could get away with using some longer bolts and using 4 nuts as spacers between the differential companion flange and the driveshaft companion flange.Any ideas guys?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to build a DL spacer at work once, the machinists talked me out of it. They said just take the DL to a shop and have them extend it, the DL is to important to make a spacer, think of all the torque that goes though it. The shear force on the long bolts would be huge.

• 3 weeks later...

i took the driveshaft out, remeasured the distance from the yoke to the companion flange,took it to a driveline shop n had it lengthend to my specs,tried it out a few days ago, its nice n smooth now :) finally i can go 100+ without worryin i'll break something.