windsheild wipers stopped working 81 datsun 210

just wondering if theres a common problem with this car and if theres places i should look first i dont wanna dive in blind just yet also fyi i do not believe its the switch i already probed around with a hot wire like ive done with my lights and got nothing.

i just figured i should address this problem because i had to drive home with my head sticking out the window today and it wasnt nice lol. 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try the fuse. Hold a quarter across the fuse contacts briefly. If they come on replace the fuse. Never trust a fuse by looking at them.

Curious if the wiper stopped in the middle of the glass or did it park the blades???

First try the quarter across the fuse contacts like I said in earlier post. If they come on then the fuse is bad.

Well you should be able to wiggle them slightly. They won't move more than that because the motor is geared. Turn on and watch for the motor to hum or strain to turn.

On 3/18/2024 at 12:04 PM, datzenmike said:

First try the quarter across the fuse contacts like I said in earlier post. If they come on then the fuse is bad.

Well you should be able to wiggle them slightly. They won't move more than that because the motor is geared. Turn on and watch for the motor to hum or strain to turn.

well this is embarassing 😂 dont know how i missed this i swear i looked at my fuses with a huge flashlight like five times

i popped it out and jumped it with some aluminum foil and it worked fine

my username speaks for itself

IMG_1560.jpeg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, nathan.is.an.idiot12312 said:

sorry for wasting everyones time 

Honestly,  most of us on here are just hanging around on this site waiting for the grim reapers knock at the door, to put us out of our misery . 

• Haha 2
On 3/15/2024 at 7:22 PM, datzenmike said:

Try the fuse. Hold a quarter across the fuse contacts briefly. If they come on replace the fuse. Never trust a fuse by looking at them.

First answer would have had them going 5 days ago.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

First answer would have had them going 5 days ago.

yeahh i know i tried jumping it with a small copper wire without taking out the fuse because i was busy and they are a pain in the A to get in and out but it didnt do anything. i have no idea why. i mean i was in a rush i mightve just not had the wipers in the on position lol i dont remember

6 hours ago, nathan.is.an.idiot12312 said:

yeahh i know i tried jumping it with a small copper wire without taking out the fuse because i was busy and they are a pain in the A to get in and out but it didnt do anything. i have no idea why. i mean i was in a rush i mightve just not had the wipers in the on position lol i dont remember

image.jpeg.a0ae3e2ad7b2bfeeea71f978c40deb05.jpeg

It happens

• Like 1

okay so yesterday my horn button stopped working, and i went to check my fuses and the fuse that is marked for taillights was blown. i thought “thats weird nobody has mentioned or said anything about my taillights” and checked to see if they turned on when i pressed the brake, and they work just fine, but its just really peculiar that the fuse that is marked as the taillight fuse blew but made my horn stop working, also im using my horn button as a starter button because my ignition switch is bad and its not worth my time or money to invest in a new switch at the moment so i figure thats why it blew but still very peculiar that my blower motor fuse blew, and shortly after i jump it my supposed taillight fuse blows which is apparently the horn fuse.

am i drawing too much amperage to my fuse box, and thats why the wiper fuse blew, and then my horn button fuse blew right after?

or is it because the wiper motor fuse was just old and i have my horn button hooked up to the starter?