Supercharged Body Swapped 1992 WD21 Pathfinder.

I am just getting all my projects out there for you folks to see.

This one started in 2013 when I purchased a 1986.5 Long Bed HD V6 Hardbody with a poor running engine. I parted the truck out and saved many good bits, including the cab. In 2018 I purchased a 1992 WD21 Pathfinder with a blown engine and front end damage for $250. From there I chopped the body off and dropped the 86.5 cab on to it. I ended up swapping it to 5 speed and dropping in a VG33ER from an 2003 Xterra in it. It is still running the VG30e ecm and has been a bit of a hassle to get running but last summer I figured it out and had it running solid. Still a ton of work to do but it is way past the bare frame it started as. It's name is Double Dare XL and I plan to have it finished, registered and on the road this Summer.

Double Dare XL, my other huge project...

Running but before I replaced the injectors and did some minor tweaks. 6psi.

The day the cab went on to the frame.

The entire 70+ video series can be seen here...  Video#5 is when the project really takes a turn.

Edited by Pounding Rox Truck Shop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pounding Rox Truck Shop said:

Check out the RC truck by Kyosho, the Double Dare. Mine is kind of a hat tip to that thus the XL for Xtra Large. The wheels are pretty damn close too.

rad

99998: Kyosho from Dante77 showroom, Kyosho Double Dare 4WDS - Tamiya RC &  Radio Control Cars

I have the same wheels on my cj5

IMG_3862.jpeg.27e8c82870d6826a5180d1bad2d1d87b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like I am replacing the power steering pump. Too many times run dry while getting the engine to run in the first place. It runs and drives now but the pump suffered. I guess I wasn't thinking because of the pure shock this thing ran in the first place.

• Like 1