Turbo inlet porting

Skib

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guess it all depends how thick the casting is. becasue its turbo related, it may need the thickness to dissapate heat. but a nice flow job there may help reduce heat? providing what it bolts to is the same size as the gasket as well, otherwise your wasting your time.

porting will be awesome IF the other part that bolts to it is gasket matched, BUT if you cannot do the whole runner you will end up "bell mouthing" it and that helps not at all. unless you port it as fdeep as you can so it doesn't go like this

========[---]======

might read this http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635690&highlight=wastegate+porting+red

Not much sense porting the inlet if you don't do the same to the manifold. It might be a perfect match right now and just the gasket is off center. Also if this is the case, porting out to the gasket will heat the gasket more and could erode it.

Edited by datzenmike
I think theres no need to port a turbo airflow conduct......its totally different to a N/A system.

:confused: i dont quote get that statement? airflow is airflow.

my toughts are having all that extra material and having a "step" where the mani and turbo meet and thus creating turbulent air, in theory if i had both the mani and turbo inlet gasket matched there would be no "step" making for more and smoother airflow to the blades and possibly spooling a little faster?

:blink: thinking outloud/theory, ill prob take this Q over to some of the guys at HBZ