WINDSHIELD

Montzzz

My windshield has this bubbles all over the edge of the entire windshield, I asked a couple of shops and hey say I need to replace it. however, I cant find it anywhere.
Do you know where I can find a replacement?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure you have to unless they are really bad.... I have a few on mine as well.... take a picture maybe it not as much of an issue as you think....

I had a couple places saved but this is the only one that shows it still

https://www.vendio.com/stores/bobsclassicautoglass/item/foreign-glass-datsun-glass/1965-1966-1967-1968-1969-1970-/lid=43675933

I think you need to call to see what type is available...  I'm hoping the source doesn't dry up but the time I need one...

• Like 1

www.sandersreproglass.com

I haven't personally used these guys, but a fellow roadster person just bought one and said it is very nice. They wrap it in a bag, put it in a box, and then fill it with spray foam. 

If you have it shipped to a business with a dock, you'll save a bit of money. 

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

www.sandersreproglass.com

I haven't personally used these guys, but a fellow roadster person just bought one and said it is very nice. They wrap it in a bag, put it in a box, and then fill it with spray foam. 

If you have it shipped to a business with a dock, you'll save a bit of money. 

Saved for later....

Good price too...

https://www.sandersreproglass.com/orderonline/

Screenshot_20240223_104159_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 2

Well, this is fortunate. The 521 I just pick up needs a windshield as well.

Got a quote from Vintage Class (vintageglass.com) for $345.00.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

To follow up, I just picked up a windshield for my 521. I ordered it through the above-mentioned site on Monday and picked it up on Tuesday. The warehouse was within 50 miles of my house. It was located in Albuquerque NM so if you are in SF it should be relatively easy to get.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Slow Loris said:

So about $600 after shipping? I guess they have us over a barrel. Would be neat be able to see out of the truck I suppose..

No, $345.00 plus tax. No shipping, I picked it up at the warehouse. They have 40 some warehouses throughout the states.

Also, the place where all of the cracks intersect is smack dab in my line of vision.

Edited by KELMO
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, Slow Loris said:

So about $600 after shipping? I guess they have us over a barrel. Would be neat be able to see out of the truck I suppose..

If some arsehole didn't run the wipers on my truck without an actual wiper, I wouldn't need one. The gouge in the glass is right in front of my face. 

• Sad 1

Yeah I’ve got a nice cloudy delaminating bubbly thing going on, looks like I’m either underwater or in a cloud of smoke, plus a nice long crack makes me pretty keen on a new windshield. 

10 hours ago, KELMO said:

No, $345.00 plus tax. No shipping, I picked it up at the warehouse. They have 40 some warehouses throughout the states.

Ooh okay cool! I’ll check that option out!