L21 "Long Rod" Tune-Up?

My lobe measurements are probably slightly off but I got an average difference of .348 x 1.5 = more like .522 but close enough to know it is still probably the isky z-196 cam that is still in there and therefore okay to work off their lash specs. It pulls and idles like it has a massive cam... 

So, Does adjusting lash down .003 (.013 to .010) across the board seem excessive? 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Where did you get them....

I see a bunch of sets but was never sure which would actually fit in the lash pad ....

They're teeny, about the size of mini lighter. Perfect for tight spaces like under the rocker. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/lisle-mini-blade-type-010-to-035-feeler-gauge-68000/22984247-P?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=22984247-P&srsltid=AfmBOoq6C1bqs6U2_wiy0Xe12sGbq_0tszYdPTWjC1yHwulFFeo17NDNodU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Where did you get them....

I see a bunch of sets but was never sure which would actually fit in the lash pad ....

The tool is from Lisle, which is a common brand. Likely you can get them at your local auto parts store.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 1