Hitachi DCH340 carburetor

Tommy Dat

Good Day All,
I am rebuilding my Hitachi DCH340 from my '80 720 and I think that someone has already fiddled with it in the past. I don't know enough to tell if differences are modifications or just omissions. The carb on the left is the one I took off and started to rebuild. The carb on the right is a DCH340 that came off of my '77 200sx. The power piston on the right has a spring and my instructions for the rebuild show that spring. The carb on the left does not have that spring. I figured I would just scavenge the spring from the pic on the right but I cannot figure out how to remove the assembly?
Although both carbs have DCH340 engraved I can tell that there are some minor differences (maybe early/late models?) Do I need that spring for my rebuild on the left? what is the trick to remove it from the one on the right?
thanks
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The spring is there for a reason so yes it needs it.

You might use a dremel to remove the staking holding the good one in place and get it out. When swapped to the '80 carb body you'll have to punch around it to displace metal to hold it in place.

Or...

Swap the carb bodies.