Average price for stamped 720 floorboards (King Cab)?

Son_of_a_Nun

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've got this on my list of "things to do eventually" i don't think the truck is ready to dump me through the floor or anything but when I drive in the rain I can hear the water hitting the soundproofing I installed in the floor of cab. I'd like to get to it sooner than later but finding the time isn't always easy. My skill level is .... better everytime I do something new or something old again so I don't worry about that too much. Since if I suck at it well then I need the practice... but I can say welding things on the truck ain't always easy so be sure to run some test welds and be as prepared as possible before you attempt it having said all that I'd say probably just some stock steel of the appropriate thickness is the way to go. Don't go cutting bits off another truck..  that truck may need those bits before the end of it all.. lol

Edited by None_zero

Welding isn't the hard part. Kinda like a paint job, where the application of paint is the last part and goes quickly. Planning the cut, then cutting the old panels out, cleaning the are to be welded on, priming the areas that will be hidden by overlapping metal or by closing up the cavitites; all this take way more time than the actual welding.

Buy a spot blaster, a hole punch and a seam splitter. Make sure you have a nice selection of air say blades, cutoff wheels, sanding discs and wire wheels before you start the process. A piece of copper plate is nice to have handy too for plugging holes and for backing up welds made in thin areas. There are "weld through" paints, but I never use them. I use primer and then grind through the areas of the paint that needs to be welded with a small tapered carbide burr on a die grinder. Oh, and don't waste your money on spot weld drills. They make such a large hole in the panels that filling them take effort. Use 3/16. 1/4 and 5/16" drill bits to cut out spot welds.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ztc-007-r

https://www.amazon.com/Steck-20015-Seam-Buster/dp/B000JFJMJ6/ref=sr_1_1

https://www.amazon.com/Setter-Joggler-Flanging-Repair-Welding/dp/B091Z2XTGF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2