Driver Side Front Brake Line

Sephakrid

Does anyone have a picture of the driver side front brake line that goes from the rubber hose to the tee? From parts diagrams I can find, it looks like there's stress-relief coil/loop close to the tee. I was originally going to put a coil closer to the firewall but there isn't a lot of room. Currently there's a line running straight from the tee to the bracket on the frame, which is definitely not correct!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, NC85ST said:

This is an ‘85 two wheel drive. I’m guessing this is what you’re looking for.

IMG_2768.jpeg

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for confirming what I saw on the parts diagram. Interesting that Nissan chose to put the loop near the tee instead of the frame bracket.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished installing the new line! It took two tries and my line bending pliers marred the plastic coating a bit, but at least it's a bit less unsafe now. The perspective is a bit weird, but it does clear the brake booster and rag joint.

YG8WFvP.jpeg

As a side note, PO apparently never bled their brakes. Every hydraulic part I've pulled off had internal pitting along the cylinder walls. What started as a single brake line replacement is most likely ending as "new brake system."

• Like 1