Real Hard brke pedal

LeDevil

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: So I took the brake pedal rod out and re adjusted it to have more slack. Now only one of the rear brakes is locking up/dragging and it's the driver side rear. Any other hints or things I need to look for on that one? Thanks for all the previous help

EDIT: I should probably refresh whats been done, New wheel Cylinder, New hardware kit, Adjuster is bottomed out on both sides (seems to be the only way to get them not to drag as much), Newer brake pads, Aluminum 280ZX finned drums

Edited by LeDevil

OK WTF! So Ive been messing with my brakes for the past 2 hours tonight. I got the driver side to move nice and free rolls real nice <---(this is the side that was stuck before) but now the Passenger side is dragging. I can't even get the drum over the pads now :mad:

Well getting fed up of this whole brake issue I figured I need to re do everything and see what is wrong or what I did wrong.

So I did the following

1. Disassembled everything

2. Took Drums to work and turned them for the hell of it they were actually a little warped not much but just enough. Turned with in the safe range

3. Cleaned everything (minus the shoes) with brake Kleen

4. Put everything back together waited a hour or so between each time while checking to see if they would lock up again and VIOLA! I now have rear brakes

I have yet to figure out what I did wrong but re assembling everything made them work and now I have rear brakes and a E-brake :lol: