DmanDLX620

DmanDLX620

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The deluxe emblem was only on the king cab when it first came out in Feb '76 and continued through July '77. Roughly half of the '76 model year and all of the '77 model year.  The deluxe badge was not used on any other Datsun.

• Like 1

The 620 didn't have chrome trim on the rocker covers.

On 11/3/2023 at 7:02 AM, DmanDLX620 said:

Also the rockers have 3, 1” holes on the top flat area. Which makes me wonder if it was deluxe with maybe with rocker covers? Not sure if those trucks came with that type of trim.

Maybe post a picture?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think so.

VIN was only standardized in '83??? Before that car makers made up there own car codes. Nothing like today. Got the engine tag KHL620 XXXXXXX which tells you King Cab, L20B,left hand drive, truck, engine displacement and type and GVW oh, and the production chassis numbe.r Nothing about options at all. Build date is on the door jam.

Some of my info is marked optional. Trouble with this is the next year it might be standard equipment.

As to the door sill plates Nissan called them kicking plates. As the 620 cabs and doors were all the same, well forward of the door jams, so sill plates are all the same and shown on all years and models of 620.  #47951-B5000

The 720 uses something similar and I did fit a set to my '78... oh yeah they are black plastic and need a very minor trim to fit them. '80-'83? say DATSUN and NISSAN after. The aluminum ones always looked like an old corroded screen door.