Tie rod availability.

Datsunworks

1979 620 but the same rod fits multiple years and models.

I can only seem to locate the right outer tie rod assembly. Lefts seem to have dried up. Anyone have a source for new lefts?

Short of that I saw in another post that the difference between right and left is the clocking. There are right sides available that are adjustable so I'm wondering if I can achieve the proper clocking since it's adjustable. 

Thanks

Derek

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Datsunworks said:

I did but totally missed that one. 

I was thinking more along the lines of this Delphi unit that is adjustable. Since it's adjustable the clocking will sort itself out.

FkgWyMq.jpg

The one thing I learned about datsuns is dont trust what you are told by the parts sellers...

They like to lump the older trucks together, so that could be for a 720... doesn't mean that one won't work but I'd be cautious.... maybe cross reference the part number a bit further....

Edited by Crashtd420
22 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

The one thing I learned about datsuns is dont trust what you are told by the parts sellers

But it's Rock Auto. They would never lie 🙂 

I found multiple listings for that tie rod fitting a 620 but they were all suspiciously the same pictures and wording. I'm thinking the safest bet is to order the ones Crashtd420 linked to and cal it a day.

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Datsunworks said:

But it's Rock Auto. They would never lie 🙂 

I found multiple listings for that tie rod fitting a 620 but they were all suspiciously the same pictures and wording. I'm thinking the safest bet is to order the ones Crashtd420 linked to and cal it a day.

Thanks for the help.

That 777 brand is supposed to be pretty good too, if I remember correctly..... 

• Like 1