l320 door weatherstripping

Java

Hello again guys, I'm here to pick your brains on Datsun trucks again.  After searching through the internet looking for replacement weatherstripping, I learned that Volvo s80 front door weatherstripping apparently fits the nl320 perfectly, and would thus fit the l320 with a little cutting on the ends. (I can link the thread but it is on nicoclub and i'm not sure what the rules here are on links to other forum sites). Looking online, the cheapest i could find s80 weatherstripping was 90 bucks per door. I would pay for it as mine is completely gone, but before parting with 180 i wanted to ask if anyone here has tried this, how close it is to the stock appearing weatherstrip, and if it is worth it for the price. Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just go to a wrecking yard and find a Volvo s80 and buy a used gasket, the right doors usually have good gaskets as that door is not used as much, if it works then find another Volvo s80 and get that right door gasket also, this suggestion is given assuming the gaskets are larger and need to be cut to fit the L320.

It has been posted several times here and on other 320 forums that first generation KIA Sportage back passenger door gaskets will work on the 320's. Haven't done it mayself but worth checking out. Most of the 1st gen. Sportages have been off the road for a few years around here. Back doors sometimes don't get a lot of use.

You're talking about the weatherstripping that seals the door to the cab, right? Not the window channel felt or glass sealing rubber pieces.

When I replaced mine, I stopped by my local auto upholstery shop and looked through his generic samples and found one that was nearly identical to the 320 weatherstripping. The generic stuff is sold by the foot.

My doors were tough to close for a while, but it eventually smashed into shape. But that's the case for almost all weatherstripping replacement jobs. The new stripping will always take a while to work itself into shape.

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2023 at 1:20 PM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

You're talking about the weatherstripping that seals the door to the cab, right? Not the window channel felt or glass sealing rubber pieces.

When I replaced mine, I stopped by my local auto upholstery shop and looked through his generic samples and found one that was nearly identical to the 320 weatherstripping. The generic stuff is sold by the foot.

My doors were tough to close for a while, but it eventually smashed into shape. But that's the case for almost all weatherstripping replacement jobs. The new stripping will always take a while to work itself into shape.

I figure thats what i'll do then, just go somewhere local and look for something that fits

• Like 1