620 complete polyethylene bushing set

Dimsen

Hi,

I want to replace all bushings (front and rear) on my 620 1976 L20B truck to polyethylene bushings. I saw a video once of a guy changing to yellow polyethylene bushings (though it was not a 620 truck but a 1200) - but I simply cannot find them anywhere on the interweb for sale. Do anyone have information on this? 🙂

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to use polyurethane bushings. Polyethylene is for plastic bags.... and then only or the sway bar. For everything else get rubber. It can grip both parts and and yet allow twisting motion. Poly it too stiff and one surface will slip leading to squeaks and wear. Rubber's vibration isolation is unsurpassed.

There are pros and cons to both.

- For most people, replacing a vulcanized rubber bushing is a difficult job while slipping in some poly bushings takes only minutes.

- Poly bushings are firmer and will give more road feel. Depending on where it is used, this can be a good thing.

- Poly does tend to squeak, which is why using the proper lube is key. I use white lithium grease, but there are many other lubes.

One thing I hate about any build is drawing too much attention to any one part. Poly bushings in any color other than black should be banned.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1