510 Carpet?

MizzVixx

So I recently bought a 510 wagon with the intention of fixing him up.  I was a bit overzealous to start, and ripped out all of the old carpet.  Now I'm finding out that it's not so easy to replace.

Does anyone know if the sedan and wagon have the same specs for carpet, as the sedan carpet is easier  to find.  Any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks! 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything from the back seat forward should be the same as the sedan. The back of the rear seat and the cargo area you'll have to cut out of some spare black carpet. This is what I did on my 710 goon. I had the old pieces for a template which helped.

If you haven't yet join the local based 510 realm... https://www.the510realm.com/

Maybe they can help.

• Like 1

Use an upholstery shop. The amount of time required to fit a carpet kit is horrendous. An upholstery shop can re-carpet your car for the same amount of time, and the result is custom, not store bought.

As an example, a carpet kit for one of my 60 series Land Cruisers costs about $1700, and takes about 10 hours to install. That's $2700. My upholstery guy can install custom carpet, trimmed to fit, for about $1200. So actually less than the cost of the kit.

• Like 1

The 510, sedan or wagon is basically all flat carpet. The sedan takes about three yards, the wagon takes four or five (It's been years since I had the wagon) and if you have an industrial sewing machine to sew on the edge binding do it yourself. You will need a heat gun and contact cement to fit it in other wise take Stoffregen's advise and use an upholsterer.

• Like 1