My first '78 620

BiLiONS

Hello everyone! I recently purchased this 620 that has only had one owner since its purchase! (I'd be the second ofc)

It has 96k original miles.. im so stocked! It's completely stock and it's definitely mis matched in different areas.. runs and drive but I'm gonna work on it as it is.

Any suggestions on first steps? I'm definitely going to get it tuned up this weekend. Thinking about struts since it bounces with a slight push.. im open to suggestions, ideas, thoughts and everything! 

20230904_125407.jpg

• Like 3
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That looks like a good one. 

620's and 720's do not have struts. The front end is a torsion bar (in place of a spring) and shock. They are good, until you have a location problem. The biggest problem is camber (I think, maybe caster, I always get them mixed up), anyway it is the in or out of the wheel at the top of the fender. If you take the lowering route to the extreme it will look like that wheel is closer to the other front wheel at the top of the fender. It's not the torsion bar, it would look similar if it had a coil spring instead of a torsion bar. The upper and lower control arms are different lengths.

Don

Yup, new shocks. Best ride and handling improvement for the buck.

There was an optional sway bar for the 620. Holes and threaded holes are already there. You'll have to source them from a wrecking yard.

Use a magnetic level vertically on the front rims and lower till the camber begins to tilt in. Any lowering will pull the tires inward (toe) at the front so when done align it.