Gas Tank replacement

Brayden

Hello, found out my gas tank needs replacing, found a few part numbers on rockauto, they all look relatively the same but one company has 2 options with different numbers. Was just wondering if anyone has encountered this before? LILAND GLOBAL INS11B, LILAND GLOBAL INS11A. For reference my truck is the late 83 model (rwd) so I had to find these under the 84 year for them to look like whats been pulled out. The ins11a is for rwd and the ins11b is for 4w4 but they look the same and the rwd one is $100 more.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably just use the same picture for both.

If your 2wd truck was built between 11 '82 and 08 '83 then the part number is 17202-26W02. See if throwing the part number at it helps.

4x4 tanks have a larger capacity with 10 extra liters and the trucks have more ground clearance.

• Like 1

17202-01G00 doesn't compute. I can't find it at all.

17202-49W06 is for '84 and up long bed 4x4. Yes 75 liters 19 7/8 US gallons. This won't fit the King Cab or the regular cab. It will extend 8" or more under the cab and won't clear.

The KC tank is long and has a notch to allow it to fit under the rear of the cab. The KC 4x4 is just deeper to carry more fuel and it has more ground clearance.

Hey post a picture of it.

17202-01G00 would be for a hardbody by the part #. If you were in a 720 catalog that would explain why it would not compute.

Or the number is no good.

The parts truck I have is a king cab.  Call me at 276 692 2499 eve or at the shop 276 694 3748 day to make arrangement to meet if and when. Steve

2 hours ago, KELMO said:

17202-01G00 would be for a hardbody by the part #. If you were in a 720 catalog that would explain why it would not compute.

Or the number is no good.

Well today my search DOES show 17202-01G00 as for the '86 D21 Hardbody. My search looks at all part number applications all years and models. (just tired I guess) This was the Z24i engine similar to the 720 BUT it would have the in tank fuel pump and not the external one like the 720. So there is the difference. The hole for it is likely larger.

Man this tank is really confusing me lol, Im trying to take in as much info as possible but everything is leading me to think that this tank isnt the right one? Maybe the prev owner grabbed one from a parts yard at point??? This is my tank, came out of a late 83 model 2wd king cab. Gonna try to scrub away a part number on it in a couple of hours. It didnt stick out from under the frame like the 4x4 one would. I'll reply if I find anything different359600552_5653440494758370_6846190902832

My bad.

The King Cab does have the extra length and a notch to allow it to slide under the rear of the cab. The stock KC tank capacity is 13.25 US gallons or 50 liters. The KC 4x4 is 15.875 US gallons or 60 liters. The 4x4 tank is deeper, closer to the ground for the extra capacity. 4x4s have more ground clearance.

You probably have the correct 2wd KC tank.

Thanks for the picture that helped me.

So after some more digging, turns out the tank that was supposed to come out of my truck was the round one without the flanged piece according to my VIN and also a local Nissan dealer. The tank that came out was a tank that measured 42x14x13 roughly, and while it was the "wrong one" for my truck I ordered that same one because thats what came out and there werent any issues reinstalling. It is 19 gallons according to the listing. This truck has been kind of a Frankenstein anyway haha, came with a new filler neck so thats cool

Works for me. The long wheelbase (not King Cab) tank does not have the cut out notch. 2wd are 16 7/8 US gallons. 4x4 are 19  7/8 US gallons. The 4x4 tanks are just deeper because they have plenty of road clearance. If you can't get over 17 gallons in on a fill up you have the 2wd tank.