AB's 521 build

521miscreant

On 8/13/2023 at 7:59 PM, 521miscreant said:

Does that work well with Steel lines?  I'm gonna redo the fuel lines too once I decide what I am doing for and engine.  I'm thinking the fuel lines should be steel.  

yes, you can infinitely tune your bends to follow changes in the floor and rail shape. very pleasing final results from every experience.

with steel line you can also use map gas to heat where you'd like a bend and go slow and gentle and you'll have satisfactory results. 

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, NC85ST said:

That looks a hundred times better than it did. Your second picture looks like a dent, but I’m not 100% sure where that is on the truck.

Its where the passenger side floorboard curves up into the transmission tunnel and up towards the firewall.  Pic is taken from the bottom.  The cab is upright resting on the back window side.  I'm pretty sure it is a dent, but it is so clean and there wasn't any damage to the paint where it was at, so it has me second guessing.  

4 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Be sure to check the weld for pinholes. Use an LED flashlight on the back side and turn off the shop lights.

Yup.  I had a light underneath.  I think I picked the most difficult part to repair since it has the curve going down on the right and also a bend in the middle from top to bottom.  It's not perfect, but I didn't want to let perfect be the enemy of good enough.  

• Like 1