Tranny ride from or through Spokane to Southern Idaho

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would check again, if you are traveling from or through Spokane WA and passing through or near Boise, Idaho. I will pay $100 if you pick up a Datsun transmission in Spokane and deliver it to or near Boise Idaho.

The tranny seller strung me along like an abusive girlfriend. The ad is still up, but it looks like I've been ghosted. I ran into nothing but bullshit trying to find a shipper that would take the transmission across Idaho. It was aggravating that I could purchase a bus ticket for me to travel the distance for around $60, but neither bus line would take freight even when I offered to pay double. I tried to find someone taking the bus and offer to pay their fare +$40, if they would pick  up and chaperone the transmission. Neither bus company would pass the information along and my craigslist ad gathered no replies.

(talk about click bait)

$60 one way? if so then $120 for you to go and come back with it. Unless agoraphobia? Pardon my insensitivity.

5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

(talk about click bait)

$60 one way? if so then $120 for you to go and come back with it. Unless agoraphobia? Pardon my insensitivity.

No agro, just details, a one or two night stay is required, truthfully I entertained the 20hr bus ride and sleeping in the station, but the Spokane station closes at night. There is also the possibility that the driver would not allow me to strap the tranny into a seat. The bus driver must load all luggage into the underpart of the bus and union rules do not allow lifting any more than 50lb. The biggest money problem was the overnight deal, next biggest is the non communication seller. If I took a 10hr bus ride and the seller wouldn't respond or the trans was less than described in the ad, then I would also need bail money. It seems like a simple thing but it proved a logistical nightmare, all because of bullshit.

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yeah that's BS.

I shouldn't have wasted so much time on it. I was shocked at the number of "by the book" assholes in my way. There are few, who would demand the privilege of loading someone's bag, especially if Andrew Jackson asked politely. And if the driver didn't load it, the fact the item was some pounds over max allowed wouldn't be an issue. This is an in State bus ride not a transatlantic flight, weight and balance are not that critical. Or remove the "checked" bag from the scenario, put the trans in an army duffel, wear it like a backpack, the bus shouldn't be crowded enough to make it a thing. As compelling as those options sound, I didn't have enough solid facts to roll the dice, even including doing it for the story. (something that has pushed bad decisions in the past, notsomuch the last decade (or a bit longer))