NL320 Frame Dimensions

kentodd1903

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Satisaii said:

I got a drawing of the 521 frame off of Ebay.

I looked and couldn't fine one for the NL 320. I'll be able to get some measurements once it gets to my house, but knowing the distance between the frame rails at the rear axle and in the engine bay would help me out now.

5 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I have factory service and parts manuals. I wonder if those drawings are in either of those. I'll check and get back to you.

I looked at the digital copies and didn't see anything. I would normally look at an assembly manual for this kind of information, but can't find one for this truck 

Some of the old body-shop crash-estimator books might have frame dimensions for checking/straightening the frames. It's a needle-in-a-haystack finding an ancient body shop or the library of an ancient body shop with the info needed for a 320 Datsun. The internet is the 'Largest Worldwide Library in History'. Get on there and do a little snooping. On modern vehicles they just get online and dial up the make, model, & year and get a screen full of dimensions. I believe it's some kind of subscription service.

• Thanks 1
On 4/12/2023 at 7:12 AM, difrangia said:

Some of the old body-shop crash-estimator books might have frame dimensions for checking/straightening the frames. It's a needle-in-a-haystack finding an ancient body shop or the library of an ancient body shop with the info needed for a 320 Datsun. The internet is the 'Largest Worldwide Library in History'. Get on there and do a little snooping. On modern vehicles they just get online and dial up the make, model, & year and get a screen full of dimensions. I believe it's some kind of subscription service.

Yeah, like Alldata. I would love to have a subscription, but don't want to pay the fees.

I'm sure I've seen those drawings somewhere. I''l keep looking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Yeah, like Alldata. I would love to have a subscription, but don't want to pay the fees.

I'm sure I've seen those drawings somewhere. I''l keep looking.

Yup, Matt, I believe that I've seen the drawing/drawings that you are referring to also. Possibly someone posted on one of the forums in the past year or so. A quick look turned up this vintage auto literature guy whoze been around forever. Used to see his ads in Hemmings way back before there was an internet. Might be a good place to start.

• Like 1