Looking for rubber that goes between Dash and windshield 710

Hello everyone! This is my first post here! 😊 👋

I’m looking for the rubber strip that goes on the metal edge of my dash and the windshield area. I’m going to attempt to post a link to a photo of the rubber but since this is my first post, I will see how it goes. 

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you! 

Rubber for dash

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09f2T5yQhOVO8_L84sH-Ys2tA

My ‘74 710 Wagon

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0edsZVZKa0K1jTwT9h2IA4BCw

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you datzenmike for your reply! 

I was afraid it was a 710 only piece. I haven’t really found anything to similar that seems like a good match yet but I’ll keep looking. Honestly, I may just skip it all together because I doubt it will be noticeable at all without it. 

• OrangeBomb changed the title to Looking for rubber that goes between Dash and windshield 710

Clean car.

The front headliner trim molding on a D21 looks similar.  Length may not be enough though.

How about door welt trim that most cars use?  Profile is different than what you showed, but I am not familiar with how your molding orients when installed.

Edited by iceman510
  • Like 1

Dig thru rubbertherightway.com's website!  They do list the Z car rubber parts, but nothing else.  If you find something on the website, but need a little more info, Clayton seems to at least have an interest in our old Datsuns!

He & I figured out that his part #10-205X (pair) of outer rubber door glass wipes work GREAT on the 510 & Z cars!  I am currently looking at finding an inner & outer fuzzy wipes that will work for my 1972 521 pick up....................

If you do call, tell him TJ in Denver sent you!

• Like 1