Phat's Ratsun 520 ..

SUN520

Hi all ,

I been lurking and posting but haven't introduced myself .

My name is Phil (Phatman to some;)).

I sold my classic EH Holden to get myself a Ute , i was after a Mazda 1000 so i could wack a 12A Bridgeport in it , and have some fun aswell as cart body kits that i sell .. couldn't find a decent one so i ended up with a '66 Datsun 520 .

The previous owner has had it in the family for a loooong time , got it off his father and has spent the last 8+ years slowly restoring it ..

It now has a L18 with a 240K auto trans , oil cooler , new radiator with twin thermo fans , all the underbody has been replaced from the fuel lines to the taillights , steering joints , brake lines are all new too ,and the battery has been relocated to under the tray behind the passenger (LHS:D) .

Body is generally in ok shape , nothing i cant deal with ..

Any way , i hear y'all screaming , pics , where are the pics ? ? ?

b135_1.jpg

Flat faced H4 headlight fitted on LHS :)

Ratsun008.jpg

I got some wheel gaurds made up for the rear ..

Ratsun019.jpg

then late one evening i was toying with the idea of fitting my 17" Lenso Spaso's to it .. (pity they are 4 stud rims:()

Ratsun018.jpg

from a distance .. (wheels NOT fitted , just sitting there)

Ratsun002.jpg

Ratsun003.jpg

Ratsun004.jpg

as the evening grew and beers went down , i toyed with the idea of a WRX scoop for getting air to the weber ..

STi scoop.. there ..

Ratsun010.jpg

or there ? ?

Ratsun009.jpg

'04 WRX scoop .. there

Ratsun016.jpg

or there ? ?

Ratsun013.jpg

The auto shifter and console ..

Ratsun033.jpg

I plan to go with a satin reddish color , with white striping .. or maybe flat black like my 99 GT Forester :D

Any way , that is enough for now .. i will keep you posted on improvements as they appear ..

Thanks for listening ..

Cheers P ;)

Edited by SUN520
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is nice to see another Aussie here. I love the single headlight '66. It's cool seeing the right hand drive! Of course, just seeing a single headlight '66 is a rare site. The flat bed is cool. To bad those wheels don't fit!

Keep us posted.

Hi ,

I dont think i will go with the Subaru duct as , If it ever rains here whilst i am driving it may flood my Weber (to be installed)..

I plan to use it as a daily , and slowly get it looking shmick .. So the 520's are pretty rare in Australia then ?

Funny actually , i just got myself another Datsun today ... my grandmothers 1985 Series 3 Bluebird (910's i think they are) . she has had it from new and it has done 850,000 km's and is running sweet as still ..:lol:

Hopefully i will be able to find a tub to put on the 520 but it doesnt really bother me as the missus will clean up they tray to her standards ..:rolleyes:

Thanks for the warm welcome ..

Cheers Phil

• 4 months later...

Hi all ,

It has been a while , but i have finally got my Subaru on the road again and thought i would share some pics ...

Akira.jpg

Ralliaide09007.jpg

Ralliaide09008.jpg

Ralliaide09009.jpg

Ralliaide09037.jpg

Now that the Forester is going again , it is time to get the Datsun on the road , so i can use it as my daily ...

Stay tuned for Datto updates ... ;)