79 620 King cab, Cali Import now in the UK

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its been a year since i got the truck, initial plan was 6months to get it on the road but here we are a year later and ive done a few runs around town in it and have a few bits left to sort and then i think its done. even just taking it up the road to see how it handles puts a massive smile on my face. 

thanks to everyone for their help along the way, the forum has been so helpful looking back at all the guides about how to fix all the things. 

it runs drives and stops currently, the passenger side caliper seems to be leaking so will rebuild that, the speedo doesnt work and the steering is pulling all over the place. 

ive gone through and fixed all the locks and handles, replaced both window regulators as they were shot, and all the window rubbers have been replaced, just the rear window / front window to do at some point, but for now they seem to be solid enough to prevent a leak in the cab. 

OsTyjQv.jpg

bought some vinyl letters off ebay for the tailgate and painted the front grill to match the steering wheel / mirrors, 

Lrek3e2.jpg

C94tVrA.jpg

MlqlUW7.jpg

oxOX4rm.jpg

exhaust needs some work as it currently ends under the cab. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Great you got this truck running good.

Knowing what I know now I would put a quieter muffler on my truck

oh its definitely too loud, i swapped the head, so had to swap from a round port manifold to a square port manifold, the stock exhaust then wouldnt mate up, what i have now is just to i can test drive it before i take it to get a stainless system made.