Weber Carburetor fuel inlet?

When I had my weber carburetor install someone hooked the Fuel line to the  left side as far as I’ve seen every video or anyone’s version of the Weber carburetor fuel line is on the right side. could this have any problem with my carburetor choking and coughing I can’t get it To idle whatsoever it was OK barely idling when the guy gave it back to me. now I can’t get it idle at all I had to change a fuel pump and run the fuel pump straight to the fuse box because of the relay there’s a short somewhere between a relay in the engine compartment. Where the Wires chance colors change from I believe it’s brown wire to a blue and white wire somewhere and there’s a short so I just ran it directly through my ignition so it kicks on every time I turn the car on I don’t think that’s the problem out I think the problem is either a dirty fuel filter which I already cleaned out put back on my old fuel pump which I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it maybe that’s why it’s joking I’m not sure I had a different fuel pump on the beginning but it seemed very weak and cheesy . But now I can’t even get the truck to stay running.  I have to Put it in neutral and Revit so it doesn’t die at stop signs / lights , need some help on what’s wrong with my weber carb?.thanks for any help u may have for me!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume that you have tried adjusting the idle screw. Choke working? Should be closed when you first start it up. I don’t know your skill level, so I’m just throwing out suggestions. When you say the fuel line is connected to the left side, is that looking at the engine? Does it have any obvious kinks, if not it shouldn’t matter. 

The Weber DGV and DGAS have two inlet options, so either one should be ok. I like to think about heat when routing my fuel lines and will try to keep them away from radiant heat as well as conductive heat. Sometimes this means using the fuel inlet furthest away from the exhaust manifold.

What you need is a idle cut off solenoid.Mine wouldn't idle without one.Here is a video of mine.I have since did some changes.Also set your fast Idle speed to 2000 rpm's.If you run your A.C.,turn up your rpm's to a thousand at idle.Check out the color of my wires.Do your's that way.To get it to fit,get your dremel tool and grind the part next to the hole or you will strip the threads in the Weber.To check if the idle cut off solenoid is working,pull connector off of it and engine will die.Here is a picture how I have my gas line.After you get your new idle cut off solenoid.to start in the morning or first time for the day.Push gas pedal to floor to lock in came,fast idle speed will be set.Turn key and it will fire up,Idle will go to 2000 rpm's,press gas pedal,then idle will go to 1100 rpm's.Wait a minute or so and tap gas pedal again,and it will go to your set point,which is 700 rpm's for a 2 wheel drive or whatever you have the idle speed set too.I have mine set at 850 rpm's,I have a 4x4.The fast idle spped is close to the choke,it's in a tight fit,need a mirror to see.

1035032-2T.jpg

100_9727.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 2