Replacement Fuel Level Sensor?

Dead Reckon

So I'm looking for a replacement fuel level sending unit for my '85 Nissan 720 with the Z24, mine is reading about 11 ohms all the time causing the gauge to peg full even though the tank is definitely not full. Gauge goes to empty as it should if the sender is unplugged back at the tank.

The only fuel level sending units I can find are on Fleabay, and of the Chinesium variety... Anyone know if these are any good? Thought about dropping the tank to try to clean the sending unit up, dunno if that'll work or if the contacts are just corroded away and it's grounding out on it's self.

Here's an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354208140675?hash=item5278734d83:g:HCwAAOSwsopi7jRY

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Was the truck sitting for any amount of time?

Yeah, it's only had about 600 miles put on it since 2019, 30 of that I put on it driving it home. Prior to that I think it sat for a while more. I'm surprised at how well it runs on the questionable mix of new and who knows what vintage gas is in the tank.

I've cleaned some fuel sending units before, how do the floats hold up on these? I guess if push comes to shove I could improvise a float, oh well, at least the gas tank can be drained on these!

On 8/9/2022 at 8:39 PM, Dead Reckon said:

So I'm looking for a replacement fuel level sending unit for my '85 Nissan 720 with the Z24, mine is reading about 11 ohms all the time causing the gauge to peg full even though the tank is definitely not full. Gauge goes to empty as it should if the sender is unplugged back at the tank.

The only fuel level sending units I can find are on Fleabay, and of the Chinesium variety... Anyone know if these are any good? Thought about dropping the tank to try to clean the sending unit up, dunno if that'll work or if the contacts are just corroded away and it's grounding out on it's self.

Here's an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354208140675?hash=item5278734d83:g:HCwAAOSwsopi7jRY

That part number does not match up and beware of Thailand parts.Also the connector will not fit ours.Part number is 25060-90W10